The Prime Minister on Andrew Marr
Johnson repeats the same flat bull, again and again. He thinks people will believe him if he keeps on saying things over and over. Effectively Johnson comes across as condescending; he imagines the collective intelligence of the nation to be negligible, for people not to be able to see they are being manipulated.  Tories "righted" the economy but couldn't cope with criminal justice (blame Labour), will "build" seed money for forty hospitals, are a "different party" to the one in power 130 days ago.

Johnson knows he's throwing people lines, but doesn't care.  He's serving slops to the proles with a smirk and expecting them to slurp it up gladly.

It's time to Get Boris Gone.*

* i don't get that condescending note with Corbyn--nor as much with Swinson.
One thing I've noticed bout the Tories is how often they repeat the same words and phrases in interviews. A trend started by May in 2017 and they all at it now. That Williamson turd was told that he had repeated same answer 4 times and he still attempted to do so again.
Get Brexit Done, Brexit Means Brexit, No deal better than a bad deal the list is long, meaningless and tedious. It’s what they think people (plebs) want to hear. Don’t question, don’t look beyond the slogan just believe and if you don’t believe just think how bad it will be under the others. That’s all they have...
Not to mention his DUD, DID and DOD.
(12-01-2019, 06:14 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Get Brexit Done, Brexit Means Brexit, No deal better than a bad deal the list is long, meaningless and tedious. It’s what they think people (plebs) want to hear. Don’t question, don’t look beyond the slogan just believe and if you don’t believe just think how bad it will be under the others. That’s all they have...

And it appears to be enough...

The likes of Johnson, Raab, Patel, Cleverley, et al clearly view the UK electorate with complete contempt; and that's okay because it appears that, with only a few days to go, around 42% are perfectly fine with that.
I'm sure this has been on here before...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/o...0-years-on

It's not the worst election ever, but it's close.

Sadly, running an election based on emotion and soundbites seem to work. 
One dangerous development is that blatantly lying seems only to be a 5 minute story, nowadays. The benefits outweigh the negative. Raab made that only too clear.
The soft supporters get harder and the true believers become even more outraged and fanatic. As for the disbelievers who now think you're a liar - who cares? They were never going to vote for you, anyway...

I've got no doubt who started it, but what do you do? Do you take the moral high ground and risk losing out or do you you dive in and give as good as you get? Rightly or (in my opinion) wrongly they ALL seem to be moving to the latter.

I remember reading Animal Farm when I was a kid - it's never been so relevant as it is today.
(12-02-2019, 11:14 AM)fuzzbox Wrote: I'm sure this has been on here before...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/o...0-years-on

It's not the worst election ever, but it's close.

Sadly, running an election based on emotion and soundbites seem to work. 
One dangerous development is that blatantly lying seems only to be a 5 minute story, nowadays. The benefits outweigh the negative. Raab made that only too clear.
The soft supporters get harder and the true believers become even more outraged and fanatic. As for the disbelievers who now think you're a liar - who cares? They were never going to vote for you, anyway...

I remember reading Animal Farm when I was a kid - it's never been so relevant as it is today.
It's not really like Animal Farm.  More like 1984 which commences with a cold April day and the clocks striking 13.  Lies and doublespeak prevail.
(12-02-2019, 11:45 AM)hudds Wrote: It's not really like Animal Farm.  More like 1984 which commences with a cold April day and the clocks striking 13.  Lies and doublespeak prevail.

You're right 1984 is probably more relevant, but there are some parallels in Animal Farm, even though it was about the Russian Revolution. I was thinking of the Sheep and their soundbites and poor old Boxer believing it until he's sold down the abattoir. Orwell was a happy little soul wasn't he? Every generation thinks they're the first...

PS.  Orwell's Down and Out in Paris and London - not as well read and certainly not as 'important' but I thought it was a great book. Not particularly political, but certainly historical. Above all, it was a nice easy read!
All these promises by captain semtex with his magic money tree how long will it take this poverty to finish .... can I have a date please
(12-02-2019, 12:43 PM)The liquidator Wrote: All these promises by captain semtex with his magic money tree how long will it take this poverty to finish .... can I have a date please

Doffs cap and dares not criticise his betters.