Jarrod Bowen
The Liverpool lad on loan from Reading, should he be available for 3.5m would be an absolute steal in today’s market, just the sort of signing we would normally be all over

I think Bowen will have bigger suitors than us personally

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(11-28-2019, 10:13 AM)Cuzer Wrote: The Liverpool lad on loan from Reading, should he be available for 3.5m would be an absolute steal in today’s market, just the sort of signing we would normally be all over

I think Bowen will have bigger suitors than us personally

Cuzer

I’ve mentioned Ejaria several times on here this season. He was brilliant for Reading when we played them.
(11-28-2019, 09:49 AM)Peachy Wrote: Where are we with our FFP this season? Obviously we aren't going to pull a dodgy Villa move but if ever there was a season for Lai to lay down a bit of speculative cash surely this January would be as good a time as any given how close we are to going back up.

16/17 - +£39m profit
17/18 -  -£7m loss
18/19 -  we would have been allowed a total loss of £83m over 3 years, so in theory we could have lost over £110m last season and been ok

We lose the benefit of the £39m profit this season, and our allowed losses drop from £83m to £61m because of having 2 Championship seasons so we should still have plenty of wiggle room given the transfer surplus this summer.

If Lai wanted to throw money at an immediate return last season was the big chance, as it gets tighter if we don't get up this season... we'll have a -£7m loss from 17/18 and only be allowed £39m over the 3 seasons - which whilst we again should be a long way from triggering, it would mean we'd have to think twice about throwing £20m at players.
The obvious solution would be to offer one or even two of our fringe players to tempt them?