Alex salmond
At the time, the school said the proposals were not “set in stone”, and explained that the current boys’ toilets are being turned into a “learning environment”.

I haven't been to school since the 70's but even then the boys toilets were a learning environment.
(11-22-2019, 08:15 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 06:06 AM)The liquidator Wrote: DK I was being flippant I've always said NOBODYS name should be in the public domain until the court case is finished and found guilty ...... I think the saville case was gamechanger and their is no turning back .

Fair enough Liq. Anyway, it gave me the chance to dust down and jump on my soap box. It's been a while.

Big Grin

[Image: mp,840x830,matte,f8f8f8,t-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg]
Salmond was 154/2 in tit cricket
(11-22-2019, 11:35 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 11:03 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: From my own experience innocent until proven guilty is a bit of a misnomer. As far as the police were concerned I was very much guilty until I could prove my innocence. Thankfully I was able to.

Can understand your comment re the Police. Yes ,they have difficult jobs etc, but their presumption that you were guilty doesn`t surprise me. A bloke I used to work with, had a difficult time with his ex, she stopped him seeing his kids at various times etc, he had several heated phone calls with her. One morning the police took him in, she said he had gone round and threatened her etc. The woman officer interviewing him basically told him to admit that he had done it, if he didn`t want to get sent to prison. Fortunately, he could prove he was at work when she said the offence took place.

Yeah, been through similar.  Never ever say anything to the police, they are not on your side even when they say they are, utter c£$nts who only care about the statistics.
(11-22-2019, 08:15 PM)Morley Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 11:35 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 11:03 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: From my own experience innocent until proven guilty is a bit of a misnomer. As far as the police were concerned I was very much guilty until I could prove my innocence. Thankfully I was able to.

Can understand your comment re the Police. Yes ,they have difficult jobs etc, but their presumption that you were guilty doesn`t surprise me. A bloke I used to work with, had a difficult time with his ex, she stopped him seeing his kids at various times etc, he had several heated phone calls with her. One morning the police took him in, she said he had gone round and threatened her etc. The woman officer interviewing him basically told him to admit that he had done it, if he didn`t want to get sent to prison. Fortunately, he could prove he was at work when she said the offence took place.

Yeah, been through similar.  Never ever say anything to the police, they are not on your side even when they say they are, utter c£$nts who only care about the statistics.

Well if you will dress as Batman and climb on your ex’s roof...
I'm not a big fan of Police, but their sunglasses are cool.
I remember on here when the old guard would back the police no matter what when I pointed out that the police at our games are the most horrible bastards going they will set you up like a kipper
When I was younger, I was walking home from the pub when a bunch of kids came running past me. Thirty seconds later a policeman came up to me and arrested me for assaulting a police officer. Apparently some kids had been throwing stones at passing cars (nice) and when the police got called one got whacked in the face by a stone when he got out of his car. Unfortunately, the policeman lied and said he saw me. To this day, I've no idea why he said it (although I could make an unsubstantiated guess). I certainly wasn't cheeky with him (I'd heard enough stories, so I knew who held the power) and I'd never met him before. 

Eventually, after a night in the cell, they said they would drop the assaulting a police officer charge on the condition I accepted a caution for affray. The understanding policeman knew my story and I was assured by him that it wouldn't go on any sort of record except at the local branch. I figured he knew it wasn't me and just wanted a way to back down without losing face. Especially after the other officer had lied. So I agreed.

Just like the officer said, I heard no more about it and it never came up on any reference checks for new jobs.

Fast forward eight years later and my resident permit for the US got unexpectedly refused. During the appeal, I found out that not only had the caution been recorded, but also that it was almost impossible to get it quashed or removed because by accepting a caution I'd admitted to the crime. Apparently this has happened to thousands of people and can stop them getting jobs as teachers, social workers or any sort of job that requires special clearance.

I almost lost my job and it took almost 50000 dollars I didn't really have and two years to get it cleared up! Apparently, though, I was one of the lucky ones. It could just as easily have gone the other way.

So my advice - don't be naive when you're talking to the police. 

P.S. I never could get the caution removed....
That's shocking I know some people want to see the world in rose tinted specs and I applaud the way they want the world to look . The reality it is it's a corrupt world from top to bottom until you accept it your pissing in the wind imo .
(11-23-2019, 07:35 AM)The liquidator Wrote: That's shocking I know some people want to see the world in rose tinted specs and I applaud the way they want the world to look . The reality it is it's a corrupt world from top to bottom until you accept it your pissing in the wind imo .

I remember when serving in the Forces in the wilds of East Anglia, one of our lads had met this lass and they lived in a flat above a shop. Saving up for a house of their own, he took a job in a local pub a couple of nights a week. One night, driving home through the country lanes, he skidded and ran his car into a grass verge, caved the front end in. As he only had third party, fire or theft insurance, he phoned the police and said it had been nicked. They called him later, said some kids probably had taken it, claim off the insurance etc.
About 3 months later, two police officers came round to see him. Said `Good news Sir, we have caught the bloke who stole your car`.