Don’t believe the lies and falsehoods.
From the fantasy factory... Peter Oborne

Not sure why my thread was deleted rather than just inappropriate tweets but imo it’s important to flag up what is happening in our media and politics.
For some balance Derek why don't you highlight that both parties are lying and full of shit? As we all know they are.
I deleted it as it became posters delivering ever increasing abusive comments about each other rather than the politicians. Not your fault and not the tweets. No action other than removing the thread but it isnt anything goes even here when it is personal abuse.
(11-19-2019, 10:30 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: For some balance Derek why don't you highlight that both parties are lying and full of shit? As we all know they are.

Others can add ‘balance’ to the debate, not sure how but good luck to them. 

The point is a journalist from the traditional right is flagging up consistent lies and falsehoods, that mainstream media are simply parroting to the the electorate without any scrutiny. That is dangerous for all of us. No amount of whataboutery is going to add balance to this, as their is a disproportionate amount of rubbish being passed off as fact by one party. 

Here’s the latest dystopian wheeze by the aforementioned party... Fact Check?
I see last night the Tories renamed their press office Twitter account 'factcheckUK'. I mean if this is not blatant lying and trying to mislead the populus then what is?
(11-19-2019, 10:30 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: For some balance Derek why don't you highlight that both parties are lying and full of shit? As we all know they are.

Please provide some examples. I'm all ears. I've only noticed one lying sack of shit so far, and I'm not the only one.

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

Why should he have to pidg? Surely the whole point of a message board is to post your opinion, you don’t e pact us to highlight the seals or dingles good points on the football board so why should there be a need to balance debate on here. If someone disagrees then good luck to them.
(11-20-2019, 09:28 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

Why should he have to pidg? Surely the whole point of a message board is to post your opinion, you don’t e pact us to highlight the seals or dingles good points on the football board so why should there be a need to balance debate on here. If someone disagrees then good luck to them.

Just another from last night:

Johnson said corporation tax, was the lowest in Europe, while Corbyn would raise it massively

The UK’s corporation tax is not the lowest in Europe. It’s currently 19% in the UK, but in Ireland it’s 12.5%, in Lithuania it’s 15% and in Hungary it’s 9%.
(11-20-2019, 09:20 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:

Please provide some examples. I'm all ears. I've only noticed one lying sack of shit so far, and I'm not the only one.

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

A lot of people on here seem to be deaf to the accusations of anti Semitism from numerous sources in the Labour party who say Corbyn has failed to tackle and investigate the problems and is anti Semitic. Far more serious for me this idea the Jewish community can be sacrificed in this election. It seems some are so entrenched that they will take all the evidence of Corbyn's anti semitism and try and pass it off as Tory spin no matter what the source and the facts on record of his support for anti Jewish terrorists. A quick search online should disavow anyone of this idea - or read the Jewish Chronicle article on why Corbyn should not be voted for.

He lied again on this last night
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/pol...ses-jeremy
I don't see anybody passing off anti-Semitism on here.

More importantly, I haven't seen anything that says the Jewish community should be 'sacrificed' for this election. That is a quite outrageous statement.

All parties have issues with dealing with extremist idiots, the anti-Semitism within the Labour party, in particular within Momentum, is very poor but it is hardly official policy. I should add that having a favourable view on Palestine does not make you anti-Semitic.

Arguably its no worse than the abuse aimed at Muslims and ethnic minorities by Conservatives and the Conservative Party has much like the Labour party been far too slow to deal with this.

Social media, in particular Twitter, brings out the very worst idiots as does this style of electioneering.

I will be voting Labour as I think they have the most progressive policies that benefit the whole of this country. I haven't ignored the anti-Semitism and personally I have a very low opinion of Jeremy Corbyn as a leader but I still have far more trust in them than I do with the Tory party and Boris Johnson