Voice of an angel...
It’s another of those pesky international weekends, so as usual I’ve spied my chance to sneak in a musical interlude.

In keeping with the times, I thought I’d go for a women only theme. Favourite female vocalist, group, song or any other etc you can think of. What d’you reckon? 

For my first offering I’m going for the one and only Karen Carpenter. If I ever need to have a private blubber to myself I just play something by our Karen. Oh man, that voice absolutely kills me.

Junior likes to think she’s a good judge of vocal ability. I played her one of the Carpenters’ finest and asked what she thought of Karen Carpenter’s singing, to which she unenthusiastically responded “She’s OK.” Junior now understands how living on bread and water is also ‘OK’.

Listen and appreciate.

Yesh she is ok.

Amy Winehouse
Aretha Franklin
Randy Crawford
Kate Bush
You’ve got to be old enough to not have appreciated the Carpenters as a kid to truly understand Karen C’s greatness. I second the Dreamer.
Carole King for me. Wrote her own stuff. Soulful voice rather than Karen C who’s voice was almost too perfect.
Sandy Denny
Joni Mitchell, there's only one Joni Mitchell
Beth Gibbons.

Dusty
Karen O

Other favourites include:

The two ladies from First Aid Kit,
Stevie Nicks,
Debbie Harry,
Adele (that’s right, come at me),
(11-12-2019, 08:06 AM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: Carole King for me. Wrote her own stuff. Soulful voice rather than Karen C who’s voice was almost too perfect.
Carole King for me also.Tapestry is almost 50 years old it's still brilliant.Numerous  times I've lent the album to people.
Of the younger singers of today Floor Jansen fantastic,opera,ballads ,heavy metal she can sing the lot.