An idiots idea of a clever person...
Same old Tories... Wtf!
Thick as pig shit - their shift to the right and the removal of the balanced MPs in their ranks exposes 'nice but dims' like this pillock as he gets greater exposure. Who the fuck voted this idiot in?
I'm not a Tory and never likely to be; but this is the party of Jim Prior, Iain Gilmour, Douglas Hurd; John Major, even. Okay, it's also the party of Tebbitt, Keith Joseph and Thatcher, and I'll never forget that; but what's happening now goes way beyond the normal changing of the political guard. Just look at the roll-call of those leaving (Hammond, Stewart, Rudd, et al) and compare it with those who are apparently being elevated to centre stage (Rees-Mogg, Mark Francois, and this clown Andrew 'never off the telly' Bridgen) and it's not difficult to detect the direction of travel.

That said, my head was in my hands a couple of mornings back, listening to the totally incoherent Rebecca Long-Bailey.
That's where Johnson wins out, Oss. He may be an empty conduit in terms of what he believes, but he has a fairly simple and persistent sound system. Neither Corbyn (so far) nor Swinson can match him.

Maybe it's age and time passed, but I don't recall Rees-Mogg the elder (William) being as swivel-eyed as his son: In that family the ideological journey of the Tories 1980-2020 is written.
Yet again, people too thick to actually listen to what he said before they start pitchfork mobs. https://twitter.com/alstewitn/status/119...4891640837

It's the same with the people who claimed he'd said it'd take 50 years to see any Brexit benefits when he said nothing of the sort, despite what 'people's vote' are claiming https://twitter.com/peoplesvote_uk/statu...24?lang=en. Mind, they had form for this back when they were Open Britain' when Andrew Neil exposed them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHzmCHcM7cA.

We also see broadcast media doing the same. Kay Burley this morning made a big show of empty chairing James Cleverly, saying he was avoiding scrutiny when he was doing a whole round of interviews with other media and when he wasn't even scheduled to appear.
I listened to the whole interview thanks - forget about the rewrite, he said

"If you just ignore what you are told and leave you are so much safer, and I think if either of us are in a fire, whatever the fire brigade said, we would leave the burning building. It just seems the common sense thing to do."

So basically he is saying that because he would use common sense (implying those that stayed put and died didn't use common sense) and go against the instructions of the professionals he would have survived. Also if he didn't think he'd said anything wrong he wouldn't have apologised for the words.

I have a sneaking suspicion that he's never been on the 15th floor of a high rise building but the instructions of the Fire Brigade weren't random, they were based on tried and tested theories. Unfortunately the cost cutting that led to cheap and unsafe cladding being used was something that no-one was prepared for.

Or am I being too thick there?

And Kay Burley always has been an attention seeking twat.
(11-06-2019, 12:57 PM)Neil Parsley Wrote:
We also see broadcast media doing the same. Kay Burley this morning made a big show of empty chairing James Cleverly, saying he was avoiding scrutiny when he was doing a whole round of interviews with other media and when he wasn't even scheduled to appear.

Ignoring Burley being an attention seeker for a moment, if he wasn't scheduled to appear why did he turn up to the Sky News studio?

(11-06-2019, 01:17 PM)baggy1 Wrote: I listened to the whole interview thanks - forget about the rewrite, he said

"If you just ignore what you are told and leave you are so much safer, and I think if either of us are in a fire, whatever the fire brigade said, we would leave the burning building. It just seems the common sense thing to do."

So basically he is saying that because he would use common sense (implying those that stayed put and died didn't use common sense) and go against the instructions of the professionals he would have survived. Also if he didn't think he'd said anything wrong he wouldn't have apologised for the words.

Or am I being too thick there?

And Kay Burley always has been an attention seeking twat.

What Jacob Rees-Mogg said was extremely dangerous advice in a high rise building, he should go on his show and clarify that what he said was dangerous in the circumstances of Grenfell. Lifts are inherently unsafe in a fire and the firefighters need to be able to have full access to the stairwells in a high rise so they can get to the source quickly and easily. A house fire is not the same as a high rise fire and the advice given was sound.
(11-06-2019, 01:22 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:

Ignoring Burley being an attention seeker for a moment, if he wasn't scheduled to appear why did he turn up to the Sky News studio?

I did think that, but as he was on talkradio or something else - are they in the same building?
(11-06-2019, 12:57 PM)Neil Parsley Wrote: Yet again, people too thick to actually listen to what he said before they start pitchfork mobs. https://twitter.com/alstewitn/status/119...4891640837

It's the same with the people who claimed he'd said it'd take 50 years to see any Brexit benefits when he said nothing of the sort, despite what 'people's vote' are claiming https://twitter.com/peoplesvote_uk/statu...24?lang=en. Mind, they had form for this back when they were Open Britain' when Andrew Neil exposed them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHzmCHcM7cA.

Mark Francois without Glasses, Andrew Bridgen begs to differ. You can dress the Tory Party up in any slick media machine but the mask is never too far from slipping.
(11-06-2019, 01:27 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 01:22 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:

I did think that, but as he was on talkradio or something else - are they in the same building?

They're owned by different companies (TalkRadio is owned by News UK/Murdoch and Sky by Comcast). A quick Google suggests TalkRadio is broadcast from News UK's HQ near London Bridge and Sky are based in Isleworth in West London but I'm not sure if that's accurate for the former.