N'Diaye
(11-05-2019, 09:28 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 09:26 AM)Duffers Wrote: Anyone else worth taking from the incoming Stoke fire sale?

Always thought Martins Indi looked a decent defender.

I'd still take Woods, despite his career stalling big time since his move to Stoke.

That's it.

Good shout. 

Him, N’Diaye (Reading DK’s comments) or Etebo would add depth to our midfield, although with Barry and Harper around I’m not sure we need another.
(11-05-2019, 10:00 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 09:26 AM)Duffers Wrote: Anyone else worth taking from the incoming Stoke fire sale?

I'd still take Woods, despite his career stalling big time since his move to Stoke.

That's it.

Good shout. 

Him, N’Diaye (Reading DK’s comments) or Etebo would add depth to our midfield, although with Barry and Harper around I’m not sure we need another.
I wrote that we should buy Woods before Stoke took him.  He was always a very tidy and thoughtful player at Brentford and I'm surprised how his career has stalled.  That said Sawyers does pretty much what Woods did at Brentford (I always thought Sawyers was too laid back when they played together) and there's no doubt with Barry resigning that we've more than enough midfielders at the moment.  Everyone knows where we're lacking and it's not in the middle of the park.

Did you watch the game last night? Not sure any of the shower o shite would get in our U23s.

Was brilliant to see  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(11-05-2019, 08:30 AM)tiptontown Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 08:19 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: He may have been saying “How the fuck didn’t you get at least one yellow?”

My thoughts also. He did a job on Pereira, but one tackle he went straight through him, the ref didn't even give a foul. 
God knows what the ref was looking at?

Ref was an absolute twat. Pen was a straight red. Son??

And has been for us previously this season if my memory serves me correct.
(11-05-2019, 10:54 AM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 10:00 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

That's it.

Good shout. 

I wrote that we should buy Woods before Stoke took him.  He was always a very tidy and thoughtful player at Brentford and I'm surprised how his career has stalled.  That said Sawyers does pretty much what Woods did at Brentford (I always thought Sawyers was too laid back when they played together) and there's no doubt with Barry resigning that we've more than enough midfielders at the moment.  Everyone knows where we're lacking and it's not in the middle of the park.

I like Woods. He's a tidy player and would probably fit right into your team at the moment. He's the kind of player who keeps play moving quickly. According to his ex-teammate Liam Lawrence on Radio Stoke he also has a wide range of passing ability (Liam raves about him), which is something we've not really seen. 

Given the choice of the two though, it'd be Ndiaye every day of the week for me. He's got a load more physical presence and nous. His qualities are more what you'd need for the Premier League. I'm not convinced Woods could easily make the step up whereas Ndiaye's shown he's comfortable there.
Just read on the Oatcake that Bilic tried to sign him when WHU boss.... Hmmmm

No  they stink.

Style over substance mainly. He’s OK, no more no less.
(11-06-2019, 12:24 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

What happened to Nick Powell DK? Any good?
(11-06-2019, 09:23 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 12:24 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

What happened to Nick Powell DK? Any good?

We bought an injury prone player Peachy. And guess what.....