Top 5 decent bands who sometimes release shit albums, why...
(11-01-2019, 08:40 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:05 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: 1. REM
2. Foo Fighters
3. Green Day
4. Oasis
5. Depeche Mode
6. Dingle Midnight Runners

TBF R.E.M were incredible until Automatic. Everything they did throughout the 80's was brilliant. Even their duffer album Fables had some brilliant tracks on it. Life's Rich, Document, Green and Murmour are still some of my favourite albums of all time.

Monster was the beginning of the end and they then gradually just shitter. Shame. Stipes voice is still so distinctive. Love it.

Another great music thread. 
Loved, just loved R.E.M. from around 85 but when they released Monster, I just didn’t get it and didn’t buy any of their following albums. 
Once cheap (dodgy) mp3 sites became common place around 10 years ago, I thought I’d hear what I missed. New Adventures is now my favourite R.E.M. album. Probably because I’m old and less discerning but it now tops all the 80’s albums for me. 
All about personal taste, as long as everyone agrees with me ?
(04-18-2020, 04:18 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Think the biggest artist who comes into this category is Bob Dylan.

On Oasis have always taken the view there is little difference in the quality of their albums - they became less fashionable. There's a lot of filler on Definitely Maybe, there was some really good stuff on their last album (for the life of me I forget the name of it now). Think the most consistent Oasis related albums, have been the Noel Gallagher solo releases.

Since the introduction of the CD the quality of albums have generally dropped - there are obviously exceptions - too many artists indulged themselves by taking advantage of the fact that you could ram around 80 mins of music onto a cd, when in truth there are very few great albums longer than 45 mins in length.
I've got most of Bob's stuff and for me, he is probably THE crucial artist of the collection. But, he does knock out some crap now and again. Smile
(04-18-2020, 05:57 PM)Bristolbion Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 08:40 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:05 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: 1. REM
2. Foo Fighters
3. Green Day
4. Oasis
5. Depeche Mode
6. Dingle Midnight Runners

TBF R.E.M were incredible until Automatic. Everything they did throughout the 80's was brilliant. Even their duffer album Fables had some brilliant tracks on it. Life's Rich, Document, Green and Murmour are still some of my favourite albums of all time.

Monster was the beginning of the end and they then gradually just shitter. Shame. Stipes voice is still so distinctive. Love it.

Another great music thread. 
Loved, just loved R.E.M. from around 85 but when they released Monster, I just didn’t get it and didn’t buy any of their following albums. 
Once cheap (dodgy) mp3 sites became common place around 10 years ago, I thought I’d hear what I missed. New Adventures is now my favourite R.E.M. album. Probably because I’m old and less discerning but it now tops all the 80’s albums for me. 
All about personal taste, as long as everyone agrees with me ?

Excellent username, that, Bristolbion.