Extinction rebellions unwashed
You can be environmentally friendly without being a cunt and the environment has been on the agenda for some time now.

Their Birmingham "protest" was a joke and a precursor to climbing on the train at Canning Town.
(11-01-2019, 01:34 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: You can be environmentally friendly without being a cunt and the environment has been on the agenda for some time now.

Their Birmingham "protest" was a joke and a precursor to climbing on the train at Canning Town.

Totally agree. And as I keep telling folk, research ER founders and make your mind up about them. Nutters!
(11-01-2019, 01:37 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 01:34 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: You can be environmentally friendly without being a cunt and the environment has been on the agenda for some time now.

Totally agree. And as I keep telling folk, research ER founders and make your mind up about them. Nutters!

All a bit murky.
The whole thing is total scam, only bettered by the Global Cooling scam 25 years ago. Doctored statistics, lying graphs and a religious belief in theories where the facts don't fit and are therefore disregarded. Gormless ingrates.
(11-01-2019, 03:18 PM)LIMABAGGIE Wrote: The whole thing is  total scam, only bettered by the Global Cooling scam 25 years ago. Doctored statistics, lying graphs and a religious belief in theories where the facts don't fit and are therefore disregarded. Gormless ingrates.

So you’re dismissing 97% of scientists in this field as wrong or? Can you tell us your credentials for your assertion? Do you have a PHD in the field for example? 

Also do you like Trump by any chance?
A thread started by somebody who always puts their kids first but has no time for those trying to draw attention to the fact we are destroying the planet?
We really do live in strange times.
(11-01-2019, 04:05 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 03:18 PM)LIMABAGGIE Wrote: The whole thing is  total scam, only bettered by the Global Cooling scam 25 years ago. Doctored statistics, lying graphs and a religious belief in theories where the facts don't fit and are therefore disregarded. Gormless ingrates.

So you’re dismissing 97% of scientists in this field as wrong or? Can you tell us your credentials for your assertion? Do you have a PHD in the field for example? 

I agree with you DH that it’s not one big scam. The problem I have with ER is they are the opposite extreme. They exaggerate the science and take the extreme view in the other direction, and quote it as fact. Full blown extreme climate deniers get rightly ridiculed, and full blown climate doom cults like ER should be too. I have no time for extremes on either side, which was the point I was making earlier.
(11-01-2019, 04:20 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

I agree with you DH that it’s not one big scam. The problem I have with ER is they are the opposite extreme. They exaggerate the science and take the extreme view in the other direction, and quote it as fact. Full blown extreme climate deniers get rightly ridiculed, and full blown climate doom cults like ER should be too. I have no time for extremes on either side, which was the point I was making earlier.

Tbh I was playing devils advocate and the tactics they have employed only work for a finite time before people switch off from the message. I think we are at that point now but you can be sure that if public pressure relents the subject will soon disappear off the political radar of MPs and the general public.
(11-01-2019, 04:40 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 04:20 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

Tbh I was playing devils advocate and the tactics they have employed only work for a finite time before people switch off from the message. I think we are at that point now but you can be sure that if public pressure relents the subject will soon disappear off the political radar of MPs and the general public.

You playing devil's advocate?

<falls off chair>
The people that doubt the science are tend not to have bothered reading around the subject . It’s a shame as we need to all reduce our consumption and reduce waste.