Johnstone
He's a very decent keeper at this level and was a good buy at the age and price. That is basically that.
(10-20-2019, 08:36 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote: He's a very decent keeper at this level and was a good buy at the age and price. That is basically that.

Saw Foster cocked up again yesterday for Watford. Maybe just maybe we switched at just the right time.
The irony in people nut picking and making negative comments about people being positive about SJ...
Clarnet v2.0
(10-20-2019, 09:31 AM)B36baggie Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 08:36 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote: He's a very decent keeper at this level and was a good buy at the age and price. That is basically that.

Saw Foster cocked up again yesterday for Watford. Maybe just maybe we switched at just the right time.

Foster last season would have been the difference.  No way he’d have messed about with it regardless of what Jones told him, and SJ being far more comfortable distributing the ball means I doubt we’d have tried to do it as often.

With the way we’re now trying to play, SJ is probably a better fit, but Foster is still a far better keeper than SJ - but that’s not a criticism of Johnstone, Foster is/was top class.
(10-20-2019, 10:46 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Foster last season would have been the difference.  No way he’d have messed about with it regardless of what Jones told him, and SJ being far more comfortable distributing the ball means I doubt we’d have tried to do it as often.

With the way we’re now trying to play, SJ is probably a better fit, but Foster is still a far better keeper than SJ - but that’s not a criticism of Johnstone, Foster is/was top class.

Nonsense. Jones would’ve had us fucking about with it if we had Stephen Hawking in goal.

Correct
(10-20-2019, 11:36 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 10:46 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Nonsense. Jones would’ve had us fucking about with it if we had Stephen Hawking in goal.

Correct

Jones may well have been trying to implement it, but I can’t see Foster having done what he was told.
Good saves yesterday, saw the brief highlights on Quest.

I would like to see him pushing the ball to safety more. He has a tendency to push the ball back into play, rather than safety, but that is nit picking.
Sam made a significant contribution to yesterday's win and not for the first time this season. His confidence is growing. Very encouraging
(10-20-2019, 07:27 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Good saves yesterday, saw the brief highlights on Quest.

I would like to see him pushing the ball to safety more. He has a tendency to push the ball back into play, rather than safety, but that is nit picking.

First to praise indeed...

Can't agree with that. £8m for a championship keeper. That's a bloody expensive keeper especially when you've not got a striker. Is he worth £8m still? Doubt it and whilst Bilic's formation and style means he can concentrate on just doing his job rather than assisting goals he's got a long way to go in terms of consistency to be worth that price tag. The past 3 games have showed that he's knuckling down and earning his corn. Let's see where he is at the end of the season.