Mr Lai
(10-17-2019, 07:29 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 06:48 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Well, playing devil's advocate, he followed JP's advice first. Appointing those two clowns to administer the club was a huge mistake yet endorsed by Peace. He backed Pulis in the window, probably not knowing we didn't actually require a squad full of deep midfielders on big wages. He clearly got taken in by TP's "never relegated" tag and stood by the decision of his suits to keep him on too long. When the seriousness of our situation, both on and off the field, became clear he went for Jenkins. He listened to Hammond's recommendation for the next manager. Then, Jenkins left the idiot in charge for way too long all to save a few quid on the pay off. Seems to me, Lai's problems have all come from the staff he delegated the job to. He certainly gave them the tools. Likewise last season's flop at the final furlong, Lai backed his manager in both windows and kept much of the squad.
Somehow, we appear to have turned a corner. Much as I'd prefer a local billionaire Baggie to buy us up, they aren't queuing up to do it. For me, the test for Lai is how much he backs Big Slav in January and what develops should that work well.

Lai's "backing" has been nothing / zilch / sweet FA to be exact. Or have I missing something  Huh

Wrong!

And I have the scarf to prove it.
(10-17-2019, 08:45 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 06:48 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Well, playing devil's advocate, he followed JP's advice first. Appointing those two clowns to administer the club was a huge mistake yet endorsed by Peace. He backed Pulis in the window, probably not knowing we didn't actually require a squad full of deep midfielders on big wages. He clearly got taken in by TP's "never relegated" tag and stood by the decision of his suits to keep him on too long. When the seriousness of our situation, both on and off the field, became clear he went for Jenkins. He listened to Hammond's recommendation for the next manager. Then, Jenkins left the idiot in charge for way too long all to save a few quid on the pay off. Seems to me, Lai's problems have all come from the staff he delegated the job to. He certainly gave them the tools. Likewise last season's flop at the final furlong, Lai backed his manager in both windows and kept much of the squad.
Somehow, we appear to have turned a corner. Much as I'd prefer a local billionaire Baggie to buy us up, they aren't queuing up to do it. For me, the test for Lai is how much he backs Big Slav in January and what develops should that work well.

Lai's "backing" has been nothing / zilch / sweet FA to be exact. Or have I missing something  Huh

Wrong!

It was a Chinese copy  Big Grin
(10-17-2019, 09:17 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 08:45 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:

Wrong!

It was a Chinese copy  Big Grin

Probably was. But it said MADE IN ENGALND on it so it could be for real.