HMV
Big Brum store!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/201...birmingham
I give it a year.
Assuming he is gambling on vinyl replacing the DVD / cds.  Brave.....
With a limited number of stores it'll become more of a destination shop, and add in live performances and so on it may just about scrape by.

Chances of success are pretty low mind.
Do people still buy CDs? I subscribe to Amazon Music, eight quid a month and I have unlimited access to pretty much every album ever made. If I hear something I really like I’ll still buy a vinyl copy, but even then I do it online. Don’t have the time or inclination for crate digging these days.
(10-11-2019, 07:58 AM)Duffers Wrote: Do people still buy CDs? I subscribe to Amazon Music, eight quid a month and I have unlimited access to pretty much every album ever made. If I hear something I really like I’ll still buy a vinyl copy, but even then I do it online. Don’t have the time or inclination for crate digging these days.

I miss searching through albums in shops. A visit to Swordfish Records was always an enjoyment. But I'm guilty of buying on-line.

I'm really pleased to just discover that Swordfish is still going. When I saw that it was no longer in Temple Street, I had assumed it gone tits up.
Swordfish was great for rick/indie records, then you had Tempest for dance stuff and Reddingtons for older stuff.
(10-11-2019, 07:58 AM)Duffers Wrote: Do people still buy CDs? I subscribe to Amazon Music, eight quid a month and I have unlimited access to pretty much every album ever made. If I hear something I really like I’ll still buy a vinyl copy, but even then I do it online. Don’t have the time or inclination for crate digging these days.

If this is a formal prediction, I may lump on their shares Wink

I still buy CD's from artists I'm more bothered about, had 6 months free with Amazon music but didn't think it was as good as spotify, which I also stopped using after the free trial ran out. Set my own plex server up after ripping a lot of my collection to mp3, so can access that from anywhere.
In the form of his life.
(10-11-2019, 08:37 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

If this is a formal prediction, I may lump on their shares Wink

Arf!

This is however, a company that’s nearly gone pop twice in the last few years opening Europe’s biggest CD shop in an era where nobody buys them anymore.