England vs France
Called of due to the typhoon. Looks like we will play Australia in the QF.
What have tea bags got to do with it?
(10-10-2019, 08:20 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: What have tea bags got to do with it?

That deserves an ooh
There's a storm a'brewing.
Buggered up my Saturday out pass, bloody Typhoons!
Why did Rugby’s governmening bodies choose to play the Rugby World Cup in a country and month when severe storms are frequent? Hardly anymore more cynical / stupid than having the World Cup in Qatar.
(10-11-2019, 07:45 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Why did Rugby’s governmening bodies choose to play the Rugby World Cup in a country and month when severe storms are frequent? Hardly anymore more cynical / stupid than having the World Cup in Qatar.

[Image: 11.jpg]
Without wishing to be an arse, the IRB will earn less from the World Cup being in Japan than it being in a 'Tier 1' nation. It is more to do with developing the game in an area that has huge potential. I have no doubt there will be a Rugby World Cup in the US in a few years, once there new professional league has established itself.
(10-11-2019, 08:52 AM)BasingBaggie Wrote: Without wishing to be an arse, the IRB will earn less from the World Cup being in Japan than it being in a 'Tier 1' nation. It is more to do with developing the game in an area that has huge potential. I have no doubt there will be a Rugby World Cup in the US in a few years, once there new professional league has established itself.

Are they going to book it for hurricane season?
(10-11-2019, 11:06 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 08:52 AM)BasingBaggie Wrote: Without wishing to be an arse, the IRB will earn less from the World Cup being in Japan than it being in a 'Tier 1' nation. It is more to do with developing the game in an area that has huge potential. I have no doubt there will be a Rugby World Cup in the US in a few years, once there new professional league has established itself.

Are they going to book it for hurricane season?

My cynicism for governing bodies of sports is on a new level after the last few years. The decision to give Russia and Qatar football world cups stunk, with the latter, being utterly mind-bogglingly crazy due to a numerous reasons, now we have a rugby world cup with typhoons affecting it.
Brown envelopes, gold watches, glamorous holidays for committee members AOTS.
To think otherwise seems incredibly naive.