Gomes about to be sacked by Reading. Apparently they want Mark Hughes
Looked decent when we played them, but poor results since. Why they'd want that miserable turnip, I do not know.

Anyway, the Perce has spoken, so it looks like curtains for Gomes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201...ssion=true
Seems harsh, but they’ve spent a lot of money so clearly want to see a return.

Bringing in Hughes suggests they’re going to continue to comply with their transfer embargo and requirement to cut costs.
Clubs are wishing up to certain managers finally. Reading is about Hughes level based upon recent jobs.

Just like pards stepping into Stoke after Jones inevitably reverts to his usual form in the next couple of games
(10-08-2019, 06:56 PM)Sliced Wrote: Clubs are wishing up to certain managers finally. Reading is about Hughes level based upon recent jobs.

Just like pards stepping into Stoke after Jones inevitably reverts to his usual form in the next couple of games

If Pardew didn't have the nous to keep a half-decent PL team (which we were) from relegation, I cannot imagine how he would fix the mess Stoke are in.
(10-08-2019, 07:26 PM)Squid Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 06:56 PM)Sliced Wrote: Clubs are wishing up to certain managers finally. Reading is about Hughes level based upon recent jobs.

If Pardew didn't have the nous to keep a half-decent PL team (which we were) from relegation, I cannot imagine how he would fix the mess Stoke are in.

Absolutely. 'Arry's dog could have managed us to safety that season. Unbelievably bad management.
Hughes mates with Reading's Director Of Football. Evens with the bookmakers.
After his spells at Stoke and Southampton he seems a busted flush now.
Mark Bowen DOF there. Job for the boys
(10-08-2019, 10:32 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Mark Bowen DOF there. Job for the boys

If I was a Reading fan I’d be questioning Bowen’s suitability... given the role of DoF is to plan for the medium to long term success of the club I’m not sure appointing his mate fits that criteria.

How extensive has the recruitment process been? Seems convenient that Hughes happens to be the perfect fit for the issues at the club less than 3 months after Bowen’s appointed.

Also Bowen has spent pretty much all of his coaching career as his number 2, how on Earth is that dynamic going to work now Bowen’s his boss? When Hughes eventually messes up Reading will have to sack Bowen and Hughes and start again!
They can have that twat Hammond back and get Pardiola in again.
(10-08-2019, 10:40 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 10:32 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Mark Bowen DOF there. Job for the boys

If I was a Reading fan I’d be questioning Bowen’s suitability... given the role of DoF is to plan for the medium to long term success of the club I’m not sure appointing his mate fits that criteria.

How extensive has the recruitment process been? Seems convenient that Hughes happens to be the perfect fit for the issues at the club less than 3 months after Bowen’s appointed.

Also Bowen has spent pretty much all of his coaching career as his number 2, how on Earth is that dynamic going to work now Bowen’s his boss? When Hughes eventually messes up Reading will have to sack Bowen and Hughes and start again!

Exactly what happened here with Hammond appointing Pardew. That ended well.