Trump
Losing his mind. No question about it
(10-03-2019, 10:23 PM)Sliced Wrote: Losing his mind. No question about it

Sounded very much like it to me as well. I mean he’s always been strange and he’s always been dangerous. Today he sounded seriously deranged. Needs removing a.s.a.p.
The problem is the media coverage of his entire presidency has been over the top and ridiculous, so he and his supporters have been able to form a persecution complex about it.

All the media had to do was report facts; when Trump tweets, for example, don't focus on the spelling mistake, focus on what he's doing. Lots of his tweets have been to manipulate the stock market, but that doesn't get nearly as much coverage as 'covfefe'. The histrionics haven't helped, neither have high-profile figures such as Mark Hamill tweeting about him constantly.

All they had to do to put people off Trump was report what he was doing and why. Instead they have allowed him to form a victim mentality, which won't go away with any impeachment.

And with the Democrats seemingly losing the ability to reach out to people, it doesn't bode well for America, or us by extension.
Refugee from westbrom.com
“Great and unmatched wisdom”

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/stat...88801?s=21

I’m becoming increasingly convinced his recent ramblings are some sort of ploy to get himself declared mentally unfit so that he doesn’t have to run again or face any awkward questions about his dodgy dealings.
(10-04-2019, 11:51 AM)YFall Out Boy Wrote: The problem is the media coverage of his entire presidency has been over the top and ridiculous, so he and his supporters have been able to form a persecution complex about it.

All the media had to do was report facts; when Trump tweets, for example, don't focus on the spelling mistake, focus on what he's doing. Lots of his tweets have been to manipulate the stock market, but that doesn't get nearly as much coverage as 'covfefe'. The histrionics haven't helped, neither have high-profile figures such as Mark Hamill tweeting about him constantly.

All they had to do to put people off Trump was report what he was doing and why. Instead they have allowed him to form a victim mentality, which won't go away with any impeachment.

And with the Democrats seemingly losing the ability to reach out to people, it doesn't bode well for America, or us by extension.

His base support are stupid and bigoted (no they clearly won’t admit that about themselves and it serves his and people like Bannon’s narrative) however you give these people facts, you present them with evidence, you give them the advice of the best minds in their particular field of expertise and they still won’t believe you and they will still vote / support Trump. It’s cultish behaviour that we as a country are worryingly following with Brexit and the current Brexit Party led by Cummings and co.

I am genuinely shocked at how easily led people are and now have a far greater understanding of how evil regimes can be allowed to take power by the electorate.
Trump's policy on the Syrian Kurds is a disaster and will come back to bite him if it ain't altered.
(10-08-2019, 07:47 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I am genuinely shocked at how easily led people are and now have a far greater understanding of how evil regimes can be allowed to take power by the electorate.

I agree, and it's why we need a different approach from the broadcast media (I've accepted that the majority of people - for varying reasons - aren't going to read analytical articles in newsprint form). The current shouty, chaotic, question/interruption/different question/further interruption is neither helpful nor informative and, as someone who's generally pretty supportive of the BBC, I have to say that they're often as guilty as any of the other outlets.

The end product is superficial one-liners; many of them outright lies, because that seems to be okay now. Slow it down, quieten it down; that way we'll get to more of the detail and possibly some of the truth.
(10-08-2019, 07:47 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 11:51 AM)YFall Out Boy Wrote: The problem is the media coverage of his entire presidency has been over the top and ridiculous, so he and his supporters have been able to form a persecution complex about it.

His base support are stupid and bigoted (no they clearly won’t admit that about themselves and it serves his and people like Bannon’s narrative) however you give these people facts, you present them with evidence, you give them the advice of the best minds in their particular field of expertise and they still won’t believe you and they will still vote / support Trump. It’s cultish behaviour that we as a country are worryingly following with Brexit and the current Brexit Party led by Cummings and co.

I am genuinely shocked at how easily led people are and now have a far greater understanding of how evil regimes can be allowed to take power by the electorate.

Try not to fret too much. When AOC stops swooning around her apartment like a Poundland Eva Peron your smelly intellectually challenged Walmart bigots will be done for. In the meantime, the viable Democratic options for 2020 to use common parlance are a fucking joke.

America loves and lusts for playground politics and Trump shits that out at a rate the Dems can`t live with.
Try screeching at the sky, Impeach the mother fucker pencil neck. I hear it's therapeutic at times of desperation.
(10-08-2019, 08:13 AM)Pneumann Wrote: Trump's policy on the Syrian Kurds is a disaster and will come back to bite him if it ain't altered.

Bush did much the same with the marsh Arabs in Iraq allowing men women and children to be
Butchered

The Kurds are next to be left to suffer having done the heavy lifting in terms of defeating ISIS
I go to turkey on holiday and 90% of the workers are kurds really nice people and very proud and they dont like the Turks one bit .......this is going to be a disaster .