Boris' new deal
Gotta be honest I am confused by it - he's saying that there will be no need for physical checks but the government is saying there will need to be checks on a small amount of items.

And there is a lack of detail around these electronic checks - is the technology in place yet to be able to carry this out?

The final part of the confusion is the veto given to the DUP to agree (or not) to continuing the agreement with the EU. What happens if they don't agree? And why are they the only ones with the veto? They don't represent all of Northern Ireland and judging by the background noise when Boris spoke to them yesterday (One of their MPs shouting 'No Surrender') they aren't exactly the most stable of groups in NI. Let's not even consider that they have to agree this in the assembly that hasn't sat for 3 years.

It's definitely a proposal but fuck knows if it has any basis in reality.
(10-03-2019, 03:35 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Gotta be honest I am confused by it - he's saying that there will be no need for physical checks but the government is saying there will need to be checks on a small amount of items.

And there is a lack of detail around these electronic checks - is the technology in place yet to be able to carry this out?

The final part of the confusion is the veto given to the DUP to agree (or not) to continuing the agreement with the EU. What happens if they don't agree? And why are they the only ones with the veto? They don't represent all of Northern Ireland and judging by the background noise when Boris spoke to them yesterday (One of their MPs shouting 'No Surrender') they aren't exactly the most stable of groups in NI. Let's not even consider that they have to agree this in the assembly that hasn't sat for 3 years.

I've often thought that about the DUP
If you want no deal, but need to make it look like you tried; why not recycle something that’s already been vetoed?

I think the DUP realise that it’s so ridiculous that they may as well pretend to support it and not been seen to blocking Brexit.

The fact that Europe haven’t instantly thrown it out, makes it look like they are taking a similar stance.

Parliament won’t vote for it, Boris will be more shocked in this gets any traction as he well knows it’s unworkable.
(10-03-2019, 03:35 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Gotta be honest I am confused by it - he's saying that there will be no need for physical checks but the government is saying there will need to be checks on a small amount of items.

It's not the DUP, it's the Northern Irish Assembly (Stormont). Mind as they haven't sat for god knows how long it might be tricky to agree or not.
Window
Dressing
For
No
Deal
This 'deal' is just for show. Johnson is intent on crashing out and having a general election before people realise what a disaster this will be when his slogan will be 'I did what you wanted'.
His deal is destined to fail/not be agreed and then he will leave on 31st October with no deal saying the EU wouldn't compromise.

Little do most know, how long it's going to take to strike a new deal(s) with the EU. We will be like this for bloody years!!
We know this but Brexiteers will lie to themselves, this isn’t the case.
We won’t leave on Oct 31. It will drag on a while longer. We will crash out though with populist rhetoric cranked up to 11 whipping the leavers into orgasms.
(10-03-2019, 08:57 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: We won’t leave on Oct 31. It will drag on a while longer. We will crash out though with populist rhetoric cranked up to 11 whipping the leavers into orgasms.

When they realise it’s a bit shit, who are they going to blame next? They’ve blamed immigrants, professionals, experts, those that went to university, the ‘elite’, MPs, judges, business leaders, those that had the audacity to vote remain etc. At some point they might have to blame themselves for why life after Brexit isn’t any better if not worse than before. I’m not sure some will be ever able to admit to themselves.