Mason Holgate
It seems he was in the Away end last night according to pics on social media. I just wonder whether we will look to try and sign him in January. Belief at Everton is he is a centre back, and rumours at the time was Bilic was looking at him as a central defensive option. Just think Ajayi & Holgate would allow us to play a much higher line. 

I like Hegazi, however he’s always been linked away with a move since we’ve signed him, and with the way Dowling operates selling a 28 year old and replacing with a 22 year old could make sound business sense.
He’s good but the’s hardly the second coming of Cafu.

I’d be inclined to say that he shouldn’t be a priority considering our strength at RB and CD as well as the need to strengthen up front. That said you only need to look at the impact Mings made last season.

Another loan, fine, but I wouldn’t pursue a big cash deal.
Personally, with our current squad, I think we don't need him at all, Ziz.
(10-02-2019, 09:53 AM)Duffers Wrote: He’s good but the’s hardly the second coming of Cafu.

I’d be inclined to say that he shouldn’t be a priority considering our strength at RB and CD as well as the need to strengthen up front. That said you only need to look at the impact Mings made last season.

I’m not saying he’s Cafu. But we’ve not seen him play central defence for Albion. Ajayi is superb and IMO wouldn’t look out of place in the Premier League. 

Maybe a potential loan deal could be possible? At the moment he’s back up to Keane and Mina at Everton. 

I can see the club looking to sign max. 2 players in January. 

I’ve not been this excited about the nucleus of a team since 2009/2010. We have many players who wouldn’t look out of place in the Premier League IMO. The number of ball carriers we have and technicians in the team is wonderful. I hate losing but last night (2nd half), we played the best football at this level since Mowbray (07/08).
Was excellent for us last season but I'm not convinced we need him? Priority in January has to be a striker.
We don’t need him.

By comparison, he was dogshit for us at Leeds last year. Despite the outrage at Tosin being selected at left back, the first three goals came down our right.

Happier with Furlong and Ferguson.
(10-02-2019, 09:59 AM)Big Cyrille Wrote: Was excellent for us last season but I'm not convinced we need him? Priority in January has to be a striker.

+1
If he can play centre back, and is happy to do so, bring him in. We could do with more quality in defence, as that is our current weakness - as a team. We need to figure out how to keep clean sheets.
Clarnet v2.0
I thought he was good, but don't consider him any better than what we already have.
(10-02-2019, 09:57 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 09:53 AM)Duffers Wrote: He’s good but the’s hardly the second coming of Cafu.

I’m not saying he’s Cafu. But we’ve not seen him play central defence for Albion. Ajayi is superb and IMO wouldn’t look out of place in the Premier League. 

Maybe a potential loan deal could be possible? At the moment he’s back up to Keane and Mina at Everton. 

I can see the club looking to sign max. 2 players in January. 

I’ve not been this excited about the nucleus of a team since 2009/2010. We have many players who wouldn’t look out of place in the Premier League IMO. The number of ball carriers we have and technicians in the team is wonderful. I hate losing but last night (2nd half), we played the best football at this level since Mowbray (07/08).

Good player Ziz but certainly not a priority position at present

Got all the tools but I was slightly disappointed with him last year - after a v good start. Felt he played within himself and his crossing was dire - when he was the extra man

There was a good thread from Heath re Gibbs. That’s exactly how i felt about MH