Where are the goals coming from
A big concern this year was the striking options and where the goals will come from. Just had a quick look and there have been 11 players that have netted so far showing that our goals can come from anywhere. And with only 3 coming from Charlie and Zahore, if we can get one or both of them to click then we will be in a great position. 

Still think a striker is a much needed addition in January.
(09-30-2019, 02:44 PM)baggy1 Wrote: A big concern this year was the striking options and where the goals will come from. Just had a quick look and there have been 11 players that have netted so far showing that our goals can come from anywhere. And with only 3 coming from Charlie and Zahore, if we can get one or both of them to click then we will be in a great position. 

But we have Robson Kanu; I just don't think you understand?!
(09-30-2019, 02:44 PM)baggy1 Wrote: A big concern this year was the striking options and where the goals will come from. Just had a quick look and there have been 11 players that have netted so far showing that our goals can come from anywhere. And with only 3 coming from Charlie and Zahore, if we can get one or both of them to click then we will be in a great position. 

Top goal scorers  in the division, it really is not an issue IMO.
We are still improving and a bunch of new players - its all positive.
We're scoring goals because of the way we're set up. It's by design and it means that if Diangana is out and Edwards comes in or Pereira is pushed out wide instead of Phillips etc then we're still going to have those opportunities. Austin would have scored by now if he'd just stood up front by himself but he's all over the pitch helping out with us getting up the pitch. It's a much better place to be in than just hoping Gayle, Rodriguez or Barnes do something
I saw on the BBC's Albion page the top scorers stats...

Our defence has outscored our strikers.

Ferguson has the highest on target rate of anybody (100% at 4 out of 4 shots on target)
Zohore is next with 81% on target (6 shots of 7)
Ajayi is next most accurate with 75% (3 out of 4 shots)

Nobody else manages 75% or over... (Edwards is next at 71% 5 shots from 7)

The two defenders listed have scored as many as the two strikers... 3 for defence and 3 for strikers... Austin got 1 in the league cup, but then there is Bartley and Furlong (1 apiece to add in) So defence (6) is more deadly than attack (4) currently!

So currently the opposition doesn't need to worry about our strikers, as they are definitely misfiring. Thankfully our defence and midfield have stepped up...
9 for Midfield...

Who needs strikers?! not us! Which is part of the reason I said we don't look dangerous going forward (i meant in the traditional sense, not the we're not scoring enough sense)
(09-30-2019, 02:54 PM)Sliced Wrote: We're scoring goals because of the way we're set up. It's by design and it means that if Diangana is out and Edwards comes in or Pereira is pushed out wide instead of Phillips etc then we're still going to have those opportunities. Austin would have scored by now if he'd just stood up front by himself but he's all over the pitch helping out with us getting up the pitch. It's a much better place to be in than just hoping Gayle, Rodriguez or Barnes do something

Agreed but I think Zahore does that better for us than Austin. Desperately want him to click but he's been frustrating for me so far.
Last season 19 different players scored for us, however 6 were on loan, and 7 more have either left, or are yet to start a game for us.

In total 64 of our 89 league goals from last season were scored by players who are no longer with us this season (including Field/Barry). To say we've had an overhaul is understating things completely!

Only 4 players from last season who scored more than 1 goal last season are still with us!!

Last Yr (48 games)
9 goals came from defence
25 came from midfielders (9 were Barnes)
49 from Strikers

This Yr (9 games)
5 from Defence
10 from Midfield
2 from Strikers

We do need to get our strikers scoring soon, as I don't think we can expect our defenders to keep up current form (we'd be on for 27 goals from defenders in a full season!) but our there's no reason why we can't expect 50 across our midfield options!
(09-30-2019, 02:54 PM)Sliced Wrote: We're scoring goals because of the way we're set up. It's by design and it means that if Diangana is out and Edwards comes in or Pereira is pushed out wide instead of Phillips etc then we're still going to have those opportunities. Austin would have scored by now if he'd just stood up front by himself but he's all over the pitch helping out with us getting up the pitch. It's a much better place to be in than just hoping Gayle, Rodriguez or Barnes do something

Exactly Slice  Cool
I find the criticism of Zohore and Austin understandable, but the way the rest of the players are chipping in means we can cut them a fair bit of slack. I think both will improve and I am a fan of Robson-Kanu, who has got some desperate stick over the years.
Gayle and J Rod were big boots to fill, but thankfully the way it's shaping up means they may be no loss.