From Mr Hammond the ex-chancellor
[Image: EFiM5k1WkAA8GOn?format=jpg&name=large]

Ever get the sense you’ve been conned Brexiteers? Really really trying not to imply anything about your gullibility etc but it’s getting harder to be polite every day.

Keep lying to yourselves that Brexit is a good thing, that it’s anti-establishment and it’s been done for ‘the people’.

(09-28-2019, 10:54 AM)strawman Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 10:30 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: [Image: EFiM5k1WkAA8GOn?format=jpg&name=large]

Ever get the sense you’ve been conned Brexiteers?

Except she didn't say that he was backed by speculators at all, what she actually said was ...

Asked BBC Radio 4's World at One what could be behind the strategy, she said: 
"It could be (senior aide) Dominic Cummings advising the Prime Minister to be extremely aggressive and to face down opposition from all sides of the establishment in order to secure his position as the tribune of the people.
"It could be coming from my brother himself, he obviously thoroughly enjoys being Prime Minister.
"It also could be from – who knows – people who have invested billions in shorting the pound or shorting the country in the expectation of a no-deal Brexit. We don't know."

Amazing when a bit of research uncovers that a politician is bending the truth (i.e lying). You will of course jump to the conclusion which suits your agenda as would we all.

Erm this was from Phillip Hammond in the Times, there are I agree others that seem to be suggesting similar possible motivations like his own sister. Your neutrality no know bounds.

Keep lying to yourself Strawman.
(09-28-2019, 10:30 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: [Image: EFiM5k1WkAA8GOn?format=jpg&name=large]

Except she didn't say that he was backed by speculators at all, what she actually said was ...

"It could be (senior aide) Dominic Cummings advising the Prime Minister to be extremely aggressive and to face down opposition from all sides of the establishment in order to secure his position as the tribune of the people.
"It could be coming from my brother himself, he obviously thoroughly enjoys being Prime Minister.
"It also could be from – who knows – people who have invested billions in shorting the pound or shorting the country in the expectation of a no-deal Brexit. We don't know."

Amazing when a bit of research uncovers that a politician is bending the truth (i.e lying). You will of course jump to the conclusion which suits your agenda as would we all.

Ever get the sense you’ve been conned Brexiteers? Really really trying not to imply anything about your gullibility etc but it’s getting harder to be polite every day.

Keep lying to yourselves that Brexit is a good thing, that it’s anti-establishment and it’s been done for ‘the people’.

Erm this was from Phillip Hammond in the Times, there are I agree others that seem to be suggesting similar possible motivations like his own sister. Your neutrality no know bounds.

So what we now know and talking of lying ...

Boris is a liar and has no credence
Hammond is a liar and has no credence
DH is a liar after the fact and accuses people of gullibility while just posting lies and not checking the facts.  Even less credibility than those above

So what we now know and talking of lying ...

Boris is a liar and has no credence
Hammond is a liar and has no credence
DH is a liar after the fact and accuses people of gullibility while just posting lies and not checking the facts.  Even less credibility than those above

What lies have I posted?
No I don’t get the feeling I’ve been conned. Boris Johnson was no where near being Prime minister in 2016.  He was not going to be responsible for negotiating then.
As some one has said, you hate all Conservatives and toffs. You believe they are all cretinous liars so how come you can select which liars you decide to believe when it suits?
(09-28-2019, 01:39 PM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote: No I don’t get the feeling I’ve been conned. Boris Johnson was no where near being Prime minister in 2016.  He was not going to be responsible for negotiating then.
As some one has said, you hate all Conservatives and toffs. You believe they are all cretinous liars so how come you can select which liars you decide to believe when it suits?

Which cretinous liars are these? Please list...

I don’t like this Conservative party due to their actions from first hand experience working with those affected, my children’s schools etc. What are you basing your ‘facts’ on?
as far as i know and im no expert but dont speculators make money on loads of different outcomes?

isnt that the point of hedging?

all politicians by the way are full of shit so i wouldnt believe any of them!
Without all of the yeah but arguments the reality is that, short term at least, the general public will suffer from no deal brexit, and speculators (who by the way back boris) will benefit.

It doesn’t matter what side we’re on a no deal brexit will damage all of us.
That is scandalous that the cronies of the Prime Minister can bet against their country and the PM does their bidding to enrich this small clique and impoverish the rest of us.

Same with Jacob Mogg who has moved two of his hedge funds to Ireland and one to Germany.
There's another lie doing the rounds at the moment - also involving Johnson's sister Rachel... 

Despite what's being reported by the notoriously left-leaning Sky News, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't really have said: “I do think it was particularly tasteless for those grieving a mother, MP and friend to say the best way to honour her memory is to deliver the thing she and her family campaigned against. I think it was a very tasteless way of referring to the memory of a murdered MP, murdered by someone who said ‘Britain first’, of the far-right tendency, which you could argue is being whipped up by this sort of language.

My brother is using words like surrender and capitulation as if the people standing in the way of the blessed will of the people as defined by 17.4 million votes in 2016 should be hung, drawn, quartered, tarred and feathered. I think that is highly reprehensible language to use.”

I'd be amazed if she actually said something like that.
(09-28-2019, 02:34 PM)Ossian Wrote: There's another lie doing the rounds at the moment - also involving Johnson's sister Rachel... 

Despite what's being reported by the notoriously left-leaning Sky News, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't really have said: “I do think it was particularly tasteless for those grieving a mother, MP and friend to say the best way to honour her memory is to deliver the thing she and her family campaigned against. I think it was a very tasteless way of referring to the memory of a murdered MP, murdered by someone who said ‘Britain first’, of the far-right tendency, which you could argue is being whipped up by this sort of language.

My brother is using words like surrender and capitulation as if the people standing in the way of the blessed will of the people as defined by 17.4 million votes in 2016 should be hung, drawn, quartered, tarred and feathered. I think that is highly reprehensible language to use.”

I'd be amazed if she actually said something like that.

Contemptuous liar your name will also go on JOKs unicorn list.