ground names - QPR
its now the kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium - games gone tom.
(09-27-2019, 12:26 PM)igorbalis Wrote: its now the kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium - games gone tom.

Saw that the other day, I thought 'where the eff is that?'....
It's still Loftus Road, same St James Park is still called St James Park, it's just that Skysportsshite needs to at least mention the sponsored name during broadcasting, but you regularly hear the commentators use its actual.

Indeed and to your point, what a frickin stupid thing this re-naming stadiums is.
Isn't it named after a former youth player of theirs who was stabbed to death? Its something to do with a charity his parents set up I think. Nothing against that.
I could be wrong but  didn't they change the name to honour a young lad who went to the defence of someone else and got killed?

As I said, I could be wrong, but if so, I don't have a problem with it.
(09-27-2019, 12:34 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: I could be wrong but  didn't they change the name to honour a young lad who went to the defence of someone else and got killed?

As I said, I could be wrong, but if so, I don't have a problem with it.

That's correct
(09-27-2019, 12:29 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: It's still Loftus Road, same St James Park is still called St James Park, it's just that Skysportsshite needs to at least mention the sponsored name during broadcasting, but you regularly hear the commentators use its actual.

Indeed and to your point, what a frickin stupid thing this re-naming stadiums is.

It's why I don't have a problem with stadium name changes. For example if we sold the Hawthorns name, I'd still call it the Hawthorns.
Clarnet v2.0
The QPR name change is a great thing, what a shame the tragic story behind it.
Whilst I have the greatest sympathy for the deceased lad and his family I hate this name changing for grounds, it's gimmicky and a bit sad to be honest.

It's Loftus Road, simple.

Issue I have is I don't know these places anymore due to name changes- it's confusing as hell. It's concerts too. Concerts used to be the NEC, NIA etc, but name changes confuse the issue.