Kieran Gibbs
Gibbs is a class act. Always kept his head down and never made a fuss about leaving after relegation.

He’s had an okay start to the season but that’s only because the standards he’s previously set are so high. Calls to sell him are crazy imo.
(09-25-2019, 02:39 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Gibbs is a class act. Always kept his head down and never made a fuss about leaving after relegation.

He’s had an okay start to the season but that’s only because the standards he’s previously set are so high. Calls to sell him are crazy imo.

I wouldn't sell him for the sake of it, for sure. But if he was able to enable us to get an additional goalscorer in during the window, it'd be hard to argue for the sake of squad balance.
(09-25-2019, 02:36 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 01:42 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: He may actually be a vital trading chip for us in the Jan window. Flog him and re-dial that G.

I’d be amazed if a prem team wants him, and hardly any champ teams would pay his wages.

I think one of the big Turkish clubs wanted him in the summer.  That’s probably his likeliest destination. For around £4-5m in January that would be a real I would take, given our current defensive squad depth and Ferguson’s emergence.  He’s a big earner too, and we can’t afford any of those if they are not guaranteed a starting place.
(09-25-2019, 03:41 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 02:39 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Gibbs is a class act. Always kept his head down and never made a fuss about leaving after relegation.

I wouldn't sell him for the sake of it, for sure. But if he was able to enable us to get an additional goalscorer in during the window, it'd be hard to argue for the sake of squad balance.

Contract runs until June 2021 - but looking at our signings of Furlong - Ajayi - Townsend - Hegazi - Sawyers and O'Shea, Ferguson if we had a good offer for Gibbs it maybe wise to cash in.
IMO I Can't see anyone offering big money or matching his salary.
Happy 30th Gibbo!
Gibbs is one of the best players at the club. Once fit, he starts, simple as that.

We have lacked balance in our attacking play and Gibbo gives us that.
(09-26-2019, 08:32 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Gibbs is one of the best players at the club. Once fit, he starts, simple as that.

Also IF promoted we need a core of experienced PL players around the squad.

Livermore & Gibbs provides us with that stability.
(09-26-2019, 08:38 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 08:32 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Gibbs is one of the best players at the club. Once fit, he starts, simple as that.

Also IF promoted we need a core of experienced PL players around the squad.

Livermore & Gibbs provides us with that stability.

You mean experience of relegation?

+1
Over-rated and never missed when he doesn't play. If we could get someone to sign him in January I'd sell him 1000% especially considering his wages and age. The team won't suffer and we get one of our highest earners off our books. That is the sort of sensible business that we need to be doing, similar to selling Dawson in the summer, not missed him one bit, brought in a better player on less wages.