Giving taxpayer money to your "mate"
Why isn't this a bigger scandal? The Prime Minister has been found to have paid hundreds of thousands of pounds of public money and is planning on using public money to set up a £100m trust with her. This should bury him.
They'll present all of the facts, documents, testimonies, and witness accounts.

He'll just say it isn't happening and never happened and that this is just another grab by the establishment to take power away from the people.
(09-25-2019, 08:09 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: Why isn't this a bigger scandal? The Prime Minister has been found to have paid hundreds of thousands of pounds of public money and is planning on using public money to set up a £100m trust with her. This should bury him.

He denies this. 

However the real reason is Brexiteers will forgive almost / perhaps anything from their ‘leader’ as long as he delivers ahem ‘Brexit by the 31st of October’. That is how brainwashed some of our electorate have become. Also ‘the peoples’ anti-elite (Praha) press such as The Mail and the Torygraph plus the Sun have built their entire reputation / readership on Eurosceptic, Pro Boris agenda and cannot be seen to overly critical of it or him. It’s  all a conspiracy to bring Boris the ‘peoples’ champion down. It’s  utter nonsense fed to the stupid and they lap it up.
(09-25-2019, 08:30 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: However the real reason is Brexiteers will forgive almost / perhaps anything from their ‘leader’ as long as he delivers ahem ‘Brexit by the 31st of October’.

That is how brainwashed some of our electorate have become. 
Boris Johnson is not the ‘Brexiteers’. leader as you continue to post in virtually every  post you do.
As you repeatedly and with bile point out, he was only elected to the leadership of the Conservative Party by 96,000 people. I think you will find there were over 17,000,000 people who voted to leave The EU. He is NOT my, or the majorities, I would imagine, “leader”. I would not “forgive” him anything.
His job, and that I’ll MPs , is to deliver the promises made at the time of the referendum and I might add, during the last general election.

Have you never considered that YOU may be one of our electorate that is brainwashed? Or does you ‘I know better’ arrogance blind you to the possibility?
(09-25-2019, 08:59 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 08:30 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: However the real reason is Brexiteers will forgive almost / perhaps anything from their ‘leader’ as long as he delivers ahem ‘Brexit by the 31st of October’.

That is how brainwashed some of our electorate have become. 
Boris Johnson is not the ‘Brexiteers’. leader as you continue to post in virtually every  post you do.
As you repeatedly and with bile point out, he was only elected to the leadership of the Conservative Party by 96,000 people. I think you will find there were over 17,000,000 people who voted to leave The EU. He is NOT my, or the majorities, I would imagine, “leader”. I would not “forgive” him anything.
His job, and that I’ll MPs , is to deliver the promises made at the time of the referendum and I might add, during the last general election.

Have you never considered that YOU may be one of our electorate that is brainwashed? Or does you ‘I know better’ arrogance blind you to the possibility?

Firstly I barely mention who voted for Johnson to become Prime Minister please link me to all those occasions that I have. They are so numerous given what you have said it will be easy to. 

Secondly I use the inverted comma’s with regards him being called the ‘people’s Prime Minister’ because that is exactly how Cummings and this government want him to be perceived as they think it will play well to electorate. He’s not of course the peoples PM he’s just positioning himself into that position. If you have a problem with that take it up with the a Mr Cummings, 10 Downing Street, London. 

Thirdly MPs job is to not simply to enact the ‘will of the people’ it’s to do what they believe is best for their constituents. The two things are not necessarily mutually inclusive. Many MPs are in remain areas / even countries so why should they not defend those places from the worst excesses that for example a No Deal Brexit would bring? 

Fourthly When I put a list of those high profile people for and against Brexit together, or for that matter the people I know personally I know which side I am on. I also try and be rational and listen to facts / reason rather than I should believe etc. So I’m happy to be on the side of Remain.

Lastly who would be your PM? Farage?
Having friends with benefits.
Nothing new in this; anybody remember A4e (this was on Cameron's watch)...

They (A4e) were - among other things - a service provider to the Department for Work and Pensions. Following fraud allegations regarding an A4e contract, the DWP began an independent audit of all its commercial relationships with A4e. In May 2012, the Employment Minister at the time - Chris Grayling, a man whose CV is the stuff of legend - concluded that there was "no evidence of fraud in any of these contracts".

In March 2015, six former employees received jail sentences for forging files in a scam that was said to have cost taxpayers almost £300,000. A further four received suspended sentences.

Set this against just how difficult it is, day to day, for many small and independent businesses without that kind of access and influence.