Truth?
(09-19-2019, 07:34 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 04:42 PM)Dumbo Wrote: 'Losing feels worse, than winning feels good'

True?

Yes, sadly.  Some phsychiatrist somewhere could probably give some disturbing news about myself based on that.

That Nick Berry song must have been a head fuck for you then. ?
(09-19-2019, 07:46 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 04:42 PM)Dumbo Wrote: 'Losing feels worse, than winning feels good'

True?

Yes, sadly.  Some phsychiatrist somewhere could probably give some disturbing news about myself based on that.

Remember I got that from Woolworths.
(09-19-2019, 07:46 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:

True?

It's a song? Sorry, I don't even know who Nick Berry is/was.
The worst moment I can think of in any Stoke game was when Charlie missed his last minute penalty in our relegation season. We didn't lose, but it felt worse than any game where we did. I felt really down for a good while after that.

The best moment I can think of was Assaidi's last minute winner v Chelsea in happier times. The mental that followed and the feeling of total exhileration was off the scale.

Which was the greater, the disappointment or the joy? I'm not sure, but overall, if I had the choice of neither of them happening or both of them happening, I'd go with the latter. 

I'd hate to think I'd missed out on an Assaidi moment, even if it meant having to put up with a Charlie moment. On that basis, I think the joy of the win is just about better than the disappointment of the loss.
(09-19-2019, 07:11 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 06:31 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The feeling of battering a side all game and not managing to score, and then in the last couple minutes, seeing them break and knowing full well they’re going to score is far worse than the feeling of doing it to a team.

Yes.

(09-19-2019, 05:28 PM)Ed Hopper Wrote: Depends on the match

Exactly.

But does winning the more important match feel better than losing the important match hurts?

Winning better, a bad loss and I go into denial!
(09-19-2019, 08:13 PM)Ed Hopper Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 07:11 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 06:31 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The feeling of battering a side all game and not managing to score, and then in the last couple minutes, seeing them break and knowing full well they’re going to score is far worse than the feeling of doing it to a team.

Yes.

(09-19-2019, 05:28 PM)Ed Hopper Wrote: Depends on the match

Exactly.

But does winning the more important match feel better than losing the important match hurts?

Winning better, a bad loss and I go into denial!

A loss effects my whole weekend. It cuts me deep. The missus can tell straight away.

True?

Great question. Think age and life experience(s) need to be factored in. Losing used to feel a lot worse years ago but right now the feeling of winning is far better that the pain of a defeat.
i JuSt wAnNa Be eNtErTaInEd ToM
(09-19-2019, 08:04 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: The worst moment I can think of in any Stoke game was when Charlie missed his last minute penalty in our relegation season. We didn't lose, but it felt worse than any game where we did. I felt really down for a good while after that.

The best moment I can think of was Assaidi's last minute winner v Chelsea in happier times. The mental that followed and the feeling of total exhileration was off the scale.

Which was the greater, the disappointment or the joy? I'm not sure, but overall, if I had the choice of neither of them happening or both of them happening, I'd go with the latter. 

I'd hate to think I'd missed out on an Assaidi moment, even if it meant having to put up with a Charlie moment. On that basis, I think the joy of the win is just about better than the disappointment of the loss.

I agree but the lows of a bad loss seem to linger for far longer than the highs of a great win. Losing to the Villa in the cup left me deflated for weeks and I can’t think of anything that’s come close to giving me a buzz for weeks like that, although that could be because we never win fuck all.

True?

Not always. For me it's more than just winning and losing, it's how either is achieved. Which was why I was so anti Pulis, because even when we won with him in charge, really we'd lost. When we lost to the Seals I came away feeling good, in an odd kind of proud way.