Gareth Barry
(09-19-2019, 12:07 PM)Ed Hopper Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 12:05 PM)HLS Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 12:03 PM)Ed Hopper Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 11:32 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 11:24 AM)Duffers Wrote: There won’t be 15-20 games left by the time he’s fit.

15 - 20 games? Your having a laugh. He will be cover for injuries / suspensions that's it. Maybe good for the kids to train with. His football has never been in question, his off the field social life leaves something to be desired IMO.
What does he do off field that we should be aware of?

I'd be impressed if he stealing taxis on the field.

So that’s it?

There was also a picture of him out in Brum the night before a game but it turned out he was injured regardless.

Barring that and taxi-gate i've heard he is consummate professional.
(09-19-2019, 12:07 PM)Ed Hopper Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 12:05 PM)HLS Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 12:03 PM)Ed Hopper Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 11:32 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 11:24 AM)Duffers Wrote: There won’t be 15-20 games left by the time he’s fit.

15 - 20 games? Your having a laugh. He will be cover for injuries / suspensions that's it. Maybe good for the kids to train with. His football has never been in question, his off the field social life leaves something to be desired IMO.
What does he do off field that we should be aware of?

I'd be impressed if he stealing taxis on the field.

So that’s it?

Nothing that's going to have any impact on him as a player.

Probably find its a 9 month deal so end of the month maybe? I'd guess he's still training with us and all has been agreed.
I think Bilic is keeping a very close eye on Fields progress. We are well stocked in DM and we have Semi to slot in there if needs be when Ahmed is fit.

If Field continues to do well in the chump I wouldn't be surprised to see us recall him after the new year if we have issues in that position.

In short it's not a priority position and there's no point throwing cash at it (Barry would still command a fair wedge even if he has lowered his expectations) for no reason.

I also think we have some good experienced players in the squad and don't lack leaders. Hegazi, Gibbs, Sawyers, Jake, Austin to name a few.
(09-19-2019, 01:25 PM)Peachy Wrote: I think Bilic is keeping a very close eye on Fields progress. We are well stocked in DM and we have Semi to slot in there if needs be when Ahmed is fit.

If Field continues to do well in the chump I wouldn't be surprised to see us recall him after the new year if we have issues in that position.

In short it's not a priority position and there's no point throwing cash at it (Barry would still command a fair wedge even if he has lowered his expectations) for no reason.

I also think we have some good experienced players in the squad and don't lack leaders. Hegazi, Gibbs, Sawyers, Jake, Austin to name a few.
Totally agree-I’m presuming, if Barry is interested in coaching, that we would keep on with a view to seeing how that side develops. Can’t hurt to have a league winner knocking around!
(09-19-2019, 01:40 PM)Ed Hopper Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 01:25 PM)Peachy Wrote: I think Bilic is keeping a very close eye on Fields progress. We are well stocked in DM and we have Semi to slot in there if needs be when Ahmed is fit.

Totally agree-I’m presuming, if Barry is interested in coaching, that we would keep on with a view to seeing how that side develops. Can’t hurt to have a league winner knocking around!

I think this is it.

If it means Field can have a full season playing week in, week out at Charlton, giving Barry 9 months is worth it, although with Brunt and Harper as back-up we could realistically cope without him given Krov/Livermore/Ajayi/Sawyers can all play there too.
38 and has not played for six months (last game 1 March v Leeds) have we not got anybody younger and fitter?

Charlton fans not overly happy with Sam. Rubbish last game against Blues.
He's allowed a bad game. I've always been pretty impressed when watching him
(09-19-2019, 07:36 PM)Sliced Wrote: He's allowed a bad game. I've always been pretty impressed when watching himAs

(09-19-2019, 11:21 PM)denboy54693 Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 07:36 PM)Sliced Wrote: He's allowed a bad game. I've always been pretty impressed when watching himAs

As long as its not for the baggies on here