Young Albion fans
Hi all,

Moving from Suffolk to Aston University in a few days (I'm sure you can all work out why I chose there) and I thought I'd see if anyone knew a young Albion supporters club or group, so I can find people to go to the games with - I want to buy a season ticket but don't want to sit alone for the whole year.

Any advice or ideas much appreciated.
https://www.wba.co.uk/club/fans/supporters-club/
(09-10-2019, 08:45 PM)5AL Wrote: Hi all,

Moving from Suffolk to Aston University in a few days (I'm sure you can all work out why I chose there) and I thought I'd see if anyone knew a young Albion supporters club or group, so I can find people to go to the games with - I want to buy a season ticket but don't want to sit alone for the whole year.

I work at Aston Uni (Professor there). What course are you doing? I'm sure you will enjoy it. I'm sure you will meet plenty of people there in your situation and there will be a way of getting the message out. I've met loads of Albion fans at Aston.

I find it a bit frustrating that the Albion seem more interested in Wolverhampton Uni compared to Aston. We have just got a box at Villa. About 55% of our UG intake come from the local area and we have a significant BAME intake. Don't know why the Albion don't target students - perhaps they do but I've never seen anything.
Sounds like an opportunity for an Aston Uni Albion Supporters Club?
(09-11-2019, 06:11 AM)Logic1 Wrote:

I work at Aston Uni (Professor there). What course are you doing? I'm sure you will enjoy it. I'm sure you will meet plenty of people there in your situation and there will be a way of getting the message out. I've met loads of Albion fans at Aston.

I find it a bit frustrating that the Albion seem more interested in Wolverhampton Uni compared to Aston. We have just got a box at Villa. About 55% of our UG intake come from the local area and we have a significant BAME intake. Don't know why the Albion don't target students - perhaps they do but I've never seen anything.

My brother went to Aston Uni and stayed in halls of residence in Handsworth Wood, sitting distance from the Albion

I work at BCU and don’t think I have ever seen an Albion top!

Where in Suffolk are you from mate? spent 3 good years over there with the RAF.
I knew a few Suffolk Baggies.

Way too much shagging and drinking to be done than wastingvsaturday in the BRE with Bazza from Duglee

I'm doing a foundation in social science before moving onto International business with German - really excited. I'm glad there's loads there, especially as I have a blues fan and a wolves fan in my flat! I think an Aston Albion supporters club will be on my to-do list after I've settled in! What are you a professor of may I ask?