Tyrone Mings
(08-29-2019, 01:26 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 01:25 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 01:23 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I had screenshots on my whattsapp messages saying how he wanted to come to the Albion another bollock dropped

Who from? Mings??

His dad

Is his old man Adie Mings?

(08-29-2019, 01:39 PM)MGalea Wrote: You are all forgetting that Southgate is a Seal bastard!

No Grealish though?  Big Grin
(08-29-2019, 01:35 PM)Atomic Wrote: The thing with international football is 30 years ago it was probably the pinnacle of football, the highest level you could play at. Now it isn't, the Champions League is a much higher level than international football and the Premier League is a higher level as well. It doesn't mean as much now to be selected for your country. It isn't a step up anymore.

France are "world champions". No way in this galaxy would they finish within ten points of Man City or Liverpool over a 38 game season.

Whilst I agree with a lot of the sentiment, as in most cases you’re right, I think the France side would push even the best club sides over a league season.

Lloris

Hernandez 
Umtiti (was about 5th choice) 
Varane
Pavard

Kante
Pogba
Matuidi

Griezmann
Giroud
Mbappe 

With a squad containing Dembele, Lemar, Laporte, Lenglet, Sissouko, Fekir, Coman, Mendy, Ndolbele, Martial, Lacazette, Plea....

That squad would push the top teams all the way
(08-29-2019, 01:40 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 01:23 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I had screenshots on my whattsapp messages saying how he wanted to come to the Albion another bollock dropped

Who from? Mings??

His dad

(08-29-2019, 01:39 PM)MGalea Wrote: You are all forgetting that Southgate is a Seal bastard!

Yes
(08-29-2019, 01:05 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 01:02 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 12:11 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 12:08 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 12:05 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: Good for him?

Makes you think what could have been. Moore desperately wanted to sign him in January

Moore said he wasn’t a priority as he had Dawson and Hegazi and the forward line needed strengthening.

Stop making things up.
Moore got it 100% wrong on him how he thinks he wasnt better than dawson is unthinkable he wanted to sign for us ......a sackable offence

The reasoning was fine - we needed to replace Barnes and strengthen our attacking options. Mings wasn’t a priority, he came with a massive loan fee the club felt could be better spent elsewhere.

Unfortunately Murphy and Montero turned out to be utterly useless.

Is correct. I don't think Mings would have made the difference for us.   He was good for Villa, they were desperate for a centre back. Watching Gayle twist his blood  at Villa Park, I'm fairly sure Bournemouth have got the best of the deal.
(08-29-2019, 12:19 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 12:11 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Am i missing something? A bloke who made 17 league appearances for Bournemouth in 4 years and has a few good games in the Championship is suddenly good enough for England? Must be desperate.

Not quite desperate but...

Maguire - First choice
Keane - Average
Stones - Recovering from horror show against Holland
Gomez - Behind Matip at Liverpool
Smalling - Can’t get a game at United
Jones - Ditto
Gibson - Remember when he was a thing?

It’s either Mings or Dunk realistically for a spot on the bench.

It's a dark day for English football when Harry Maguire is the unchallenged first choice centre back. Terry, Ferdinand, Adams, Campbell, Butcher, Watson, Walker (Des), McFarland, Todd, Moore and many others - people who played scores of games for England. Maguire is nowhere near that class. And the rest of the list above are decidedly flaky at international level. Is it the modern footballing philosophy that has eroded our ability to defend?
(08-29-2019, 01:40 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:

Who from? Mings??

His dad

But  Greasy is world class according to the vile fans i work  , because it was such a treat for the Crewe fans to see him come on the other night , stupid pricks .
he’s a world class twat that’s for certain.
Jack has come on leaps and bounds ever since Tom Daley became his personal coach.
(08-29-2019, 05:41 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 12:19 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 12:11 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Am i missing something? A bloke who made 17 league appearances for Bournemouth in 4 years and has a few good games in the Championship is suddenly good enough for England? Must be desperate.

Not quite desperate but...

Maguire - First choice
Keane - Average
Stones - Recovering from horror show against Holland
Gomez - Behind Matip at Liverpool
Smalling - Can’t get a game at United
Jones - Ditto
Gibson - Remember when he was a thing?

It’s either Mings or Dunk realistically for a spot on the bench.

It's a dark day for English football when Harry Maguire is the unchallenged first choice centre back. Terry, Ferdinand, Adams, Campbell, Butcher, Watson, Walker (Des), McFarland, Todd, Moore and many others - people who played scores of games for England. Maguire is nowhere near that class. And the rest of the list above are decidedly flaky at international level. Is it the modern footballing philosophy that has eroded our ability to defend?

It makes you wonder why Dawson isn’t in the squad!  Big Grin