Chris Willock
4 goals and 4 assists in 8 games shouldn't be ignored, he certainly has something about him, and seems to have that balance of pace and finishing we're lacking. Think there are hopes he could have an Ollie Watkins style season in him as he's a very similar player.

Led to believe there are similar clauses in the contract as the Periera one, whereby a permanent deal is the long term goal but the fees concerned make it risky, and as a result we've been a little more cagey about using him than we would had those clauses not existed as there's a lot of risk attached to a relatively unproven player.

He's been on Downing's radar for quite some time going back to the Forest/Portugal links, and Slav is also believed to rate him highly. I think we'll start to see him involved in the not to distant future, but HRK's goal streak hasn't helped!
(11-25-2019, 06:54 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: 4 goals and 4 assists in 8 games shouldn't be ignored, he certainly has something about him, and seems to have that balance of pace and finishing we're lacking. Think there are hopes he could have an Ollie Watkins style season in him as he's a very similar player.

Led to believe there are similar clauses in the contract as the Periera one, whereby a permanent deal is the long term goal but the fees concerned make it risky, and as a result we've been a little more cagey about using him than we would had those clauses not existed as there's a lot of risk attached to a relatively unproven player.

He's been on Downing's radar for quite some time going back to the Forest/Portugal links, and Slav is also believed to rate him highly. I think we'll start to see him involved in the not to distant future, but HRK's goal streak hasn't helped!

Ah I get you. So we have to lump up fees based on first team games played. Those fees are probably high even for a short number of games so the club want to make totally sure he has a long term future with us before making the investment. Hence having a good look in the U23's.

Makes sense I suppose.

We could do with a nice Div 2 home draw in the FA cup so we can give the fringe kids a chance.
(11-25-2019, 06:30 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 06:25 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 06:05 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Another great finish for Willock, seems Benfica have softened their stance on a permanent deal so something may happen in January, I know Bilic and his team rate him highly

It's been a strange transfer so far Cuz. I'm scrathing my head as to why he has not been included so far.

Are they after silly money for the lad and if he's so good why hasn't he featured for them? I've seen you make reference to performance payments but again how convoluted is this agreement if we still haven't given him so much as a bench spot?

I just can't see what's in it for us at this moment in time?

He'll let you know once it comes out in the media.

I'm just wondering if Benfica expressed the softening of their stance to random members of the public in Portuguese or English. Maybe it got lost in translation.

My instincts tell me that Willock will sign in January and that we were taking the opportunity to have a look at him, after all he's a young player. The signs are very promising.
(11-25-2019, 06:05 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Another great finish for Willock, seems Benfica have softened their stance on a permanent deal so something may happen in January, I know Bilic and his team rate him highly

It's been a strange transfer so far Cuz. I'm scrathing my head as to why he has not been included so far.

Are they after silly money for the lad and if he's so good why hasn't he featured for them? I've seen you make reference to performance payments but again how convoluted is this agreement if we still haven't given him so much as a bench spot?

Doesn’t appear so, they didn’t want to play ball when the original loan was done but it seems we’ve agreed a fee in principal now since the start of the loan, there is some want on our part it seems so wouldn’t be surprised to see something done in Jan

Cuzer

(11-25-2019, 06:30 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

He'll let you know once it comes out in the media.

Saft twat
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
I'm confused, I read on the E&D or the Evening Mail that we have an option to buy Willock in January and that Slav wants him permanently... Maybe I dream all this stuff and it's not in the public domain?
Are there any links to the u23 goals anywhere? I never get to see them.
Chris was highly rated by Wenger.

Hopefully he'll get a chance soon. As his performances are really good for the u23s you get the feeling something is being sorted on a permanent basis. 

Portugese clubs are notoriously difficult to deal with   as we saw previously with William and Silva.
I knew it was out in the open...

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...lock-move/
(11-25-2019, 08:58 PM)Peachy Wrote: Are there any links to the u23 goals anywhere? I never get to see them.

Yes, they’re always on the official site

Willocks finish today was top notch

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(11-25-2019, 09:04 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I knew it was out in the open...

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...lock-move/

If we have a permanent option in January then surely that's got nothing to do with Benfica "softening their stance" as the agreement will have been in place from the day he signed on loan.