Ratings...
Decent point... Derby not a great side, and think the top teams will get wins there but we’re still unbeaten, and but for dodgy reffing and a moment of madness from Gibbs we get the win.

Johnstone - 8 - Excellent pen save, lots of decent stops, distribution good, came off his line, only an idiot would slate him today.

Gibbs - 1 - Any takers by end of the month... Townsend or Furlong next week.
Ajayi - 8 - Excellent today
Bartley - 8 - Was covering for Gibbs meaning the pen could have been avoided. Far better on set pieces
Ferguson - 7 - Tidy, shame he didn’t score. Far more attacking intent than I expected for a CB
Furlong - 7 - Did well on his weaker side.

Livermore - 7 - Lack of pace and fitness showed at the end, shame he didn’t bury his chance. Biggest frustration with JL is that his work should free up one of Krov or Sawyers to burst into box but neither do meaning he seems wasted. 

Sawyers - 7 - Derby closed him down well today reducing his impact.

Phillips - 6 - covered for Furlong but just not at the races. Needs dropping ASAP.
Krovinovic - 6 - Quiet game today, didn’t come alive until Periera arrived. Frustration is he should be gambling and getting into box far more than He does.
Edwards 4 - wasted best opening being greedy when Phillips had a tap in. Bench from now on.

Zohore - 5 - poorest game so far. 6 touches in first half and not one in the Derby box says it all. Composed penalty for the equaliser but needs to do a lot more.

Periera - 8 - changed the game. First 2 touches were sublime, and his solo run, turnover and then pen win shows what a player he is. HAS TO START.
Diangana - 7 - looked like he’d turn the game round for us in first 15 mins but faded out of game. Great bench option.

Slav - 7 - think he got first XI wrong but made the right subs. Great to see him giving the shithouse ref the shit he deserved. Hope his red is appealed - if possible! 
We need to get someone from midfield getting into the box, and Zohore needs support, or we have to go 442. This side will not score enough goals to compensate for our inability to keep clean sheets.

Defensively we look sound. We are not as bad as people want to make out... we’ve had one slip, one wonder goal and one massive error in last 3 games...  teams aren’t playing through us, we are winning balls at set pieces, but we just don’t have 2 goals a game in us at present to compensate for individual errors
After being critical in midweek, based on his high standards thought Sawyers was excellent today
Semi my MOM and Bartley played well also

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Thought Ajai was a beast and my MoTM. Bartley, Ferguson and Furlong good too.

Pereira and Diangana changed the game. Zohore a good second half.
Agree with most of that. Starting to think perhaps Sawyers, Livermore and Krovinovic shouldn't all start? None of them are keen enough to get into the box
(08-24-2019, 01:51 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Agree with most of that. Starting to think perhaps Sawyers, Livermore and Krovinovic shouldn't all start? None of them are keen enough to get into the box

Precisely. One of them, or at least their position needs another forward as a replacement
The same, but Zohore 6. I’d like to see the Croat start with the Brazilian, as their chemistry is encouraging !
(08-24-2019, 02:01 PM)11amstart Wrote: The same, but Zohore 6. I’d like to see the Croat start with the Brazilian, as their chemistry is encouraging !

May be that they can actually speak to each other!? Pereira doesn't speak English, but I think Krov can speak Portugese.
My ratings for what they are worth

Johnstone 7.5
Ferguson 7 extra mark for playing left back second half, solid overall
Ajai 7.5 very impressive
Bartley 7 solid
Gibbs 5.5

Livermore 6.5 I thought he did ok
Sawyers 7

Phillips 6
Krov 6
Edwards 6 - opening post over critical I think, at least he was prepared to be direct and have a go, not sure Phillips made it into derby box throughout game. Agree about bench comment.

Zohore 6 poor first half much better second. Still think he will be better employed against tiiring defences

Subs
Furlong 6.5 didn't think he did as well as Ferguson at either right back or left bak
Diaganwa 7 direct tried to make things happen
Pereria 7 needs to be playing, looks a player

Overall thought defence played well, we were in my opinion the better team, but let down by not making enough opportunities when we had the chance to
(08-24-2019, 01:45 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Decent point... Derby not a great side, and think the top teams will get wins there but we’re still unbeaten, and but for dodgy reffing and a moment of madness from Gibbs we get the win.

Johnstone - 8 - Excellent pen save, lots of decent stops, distribution good, came off his line, only an idiot would slate him today.

Gibbs - 1 - Any takers by end of the month... Townsend or Furlong next week.
Ajayi - 8 - Excellent today
Bartley - 8 - Was covering for Gibbs meaning the pen could have been avoided. Far better on set pieces
Ferguson - 7 - Tidy, shame he didn’t score. Far more attacking intent than I expected for a CB
Furlong - 7 - Did well on his weaker side.

Livermore - 7 - Lack of pace and fitness showed at the end, shame he didn’t bury his chance. Biggest frustration with JL is that his work should free up one of Krov or Sawyers to burst into box but neither do meaning he seems wasted. 

Sawyers - 7 - Derby closed him down well today reducing his impact.

Phillips - 6 - covered for Furlong but just not at the races. Needs dropping ASAP.
Krovinovic - 6 - Quiet game today, didn’t come alive until Periera arrived. Frustration is he should be gambling and getting into box far more than He does.
Edwards 4 - wasted best opening being greedy when Phillips had a tap in. Bench from now on.

Zohore - 5 - poorest game so far. 6 touches in first half and not one in the Derby box says it all. Composed penalty for the equaliser but needs to do a lot more.

Periera - 8 - changed the game. First 2 touches were sublime, and his solo run, turnover and then pen win shows what a player he is. HAS TO START.
Diangana - 7 - looked like he’d turn the game round for us in first 15 mins but faded out of game. Great bench option.

Slav - 7 - think he got first XI wrong but made the right subs. Great to see him giving the shithouse ref the shit he deserved. Hope his red is appealed - if possible! 
We need to get someone from midfield getting into the box, and Zohore needs support, or we have to go 442. This side will not score enough goals to compensate for our inability to keep clean sheets.

Defensively we look sound. We are not as bad as people want to make out... we’ve had one slip, one wonder goal and one massive error in last 3 games...  teams aren’t playing through us, we are winning balls at set pieces, but we just don’t have 2 goals a game in us at present to compensate for individual errors

Agree with most of that, but thought Krovinovic was poor today: 5 at the very best. Agree about Periera - could be a real game changer for us this season.
Keep up these ratings freds. It’s nice to see we’ll thought opinion for a change.

For what it’s worth I think Sawyers if fucking magic beyond belief. 

Peraira made pass to Diangana at one point which gives me hope that we’ll score some unbelievable goals this year.

Bartley and Semi growing more solid each game. Last two goals have been a pen and a great strike.

Seems a disconnect between midfield and the isolated striker at he moment. We’ve seen this before and i’m certain Bilic is sly enough to fix this.