WBA Matchday Prog
(08-22-2019, 12:09 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 12:04 PM)Duffers Wrote: I can’t believe people still buy them to be honest.

It’s tradition Duffers. I assume you never buy one when you do attend?

Not since I was a child. No interest in them.
I just compared last night's with the Seal one... very similar number of pages, a flick through suggests a similar number of articles. Biggest difference is that last night's had articles on the new arrivals and Mozza and the match action section is basically a few photos, whereas last year's had more match action info...

I also compared them with a few going back over the years, 70s was poor, 80s the old square shaped one was still quite nice, and they weren't very good all the way through the 90s either...
I've been going virtually every week for 20 odd years and can only ever remember buying one, which was for a home game against the Wolves that my dad couldn't attend due to illness. I'd be shocked if he read a single word of it.
(08-22-2019, 12:25 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: I've been going virtually every week for 20 odd years and can only ever remember buying one, which was for a home game against the Wolves that my dad couldn't attend due to illness. I'd be shocked if he read a single word of it.

+1

My dad bought one for my first ever game but that’s about it.

Think Ive bought one when we’ve been at Wembley, and should we go again I’d probably buy one, but that’s more of a souvenir than every game.
I have one from my first game back in 1987 and I have the one from Woking too. They’re the only ones I kept.
(08-22-2019, 01:50 PM)Duffers Wrote: I have one from my first game back in 1987 and I have the one from Woking too. They’re the only ones I kept.
I've a mate who once told me how many Albion games he'd been to.
I asked him how he could know that...
He said"I count my programmes"!

He goes a lot...an expensive habit!
Always used to buy my son a program when he was a kid, as soon as he started work and had his own money, told him it was up to him now if he wanted one.
Don't think he's ever bought one with his own money.
I used to buy one every home game, but wasn't going to this season as it's expensive and I was running out of room to store them. Glad I'm not bothering, they sound like cheap shite.
"I'm not a nerd Bart. Nerds are smart"
(08-22-2019, 12:12 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 12:09 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 12:04 PM)Duffers Wrote: I can’t believe people still buy them to be honest.

It’s tradition Duffers. I assume you never buy one when you do attend?

Not since I was a child. No interest in them.

You may have no interest in them. Others see it as a tradition.
(08-23-2019, 12:21 PM)Fall Out Boy Wrote: I used to buy one every home game, but wasn't going to this season as it's expensive and I was running out of room to store them. Glad I'm not bothering, they sound like cheap shite.

They're pretty much the same as last years quality, will likely win the award again.