Leko - Charlton comments...
A very good start with his electric pace, although (as you'd expect) his decision making needs to, and I'm sure will, improve. Tired in the second half.

Having an outlet like him is so important as his pace can drag a defender out of position.

Frustrating 

There is a player in there for sure but raw and needs to learn to jump properly if playing a more strikers role 

Scared the defence, but never really got anywhere

Flashes of trickery but never really had much joy before fading 2nd half

Crickey, this lad is quick!
I had a peak on the 'Into the Valley' forums after both games he's played. Very positive after the first game but less so after Barnsley on Saturday, including a comment along the lines of "Not expecting Leko to contribute many goals this season". Looking at their match threads, there are other players in their team who are making bigger impressions.

Hopefully, it won't be the same pattern as at Bristol City (and indeed here when he first got into the team) where fans got extremely excited by his very obvious talents but then began to see his weaknesses to the point where he got dropped. I still have very high hopes for him. Fingers crossed this loan spell is the making of him.
Leko will always impress people when they first see him and I told Charlton fans as much on Facebook when he first joined them. All those twists and turns are good on the eye and it excites fans initially, sort of an optical illusion. The more he plays the more people cotton on that he is not very good. It just takes some people longer than others.
Leko strikes me as being rather fond of the footballer life, not so sure if he's as keen on the work required to maintain it. Considering how he fizzled out at Bristol, London might be a bit of a distraction for him.
Agree with all of this but id have far sooner kept Leko and shifted Burke out.
Leko played up top away from home Saturday, hardly his best position I’d say, playing deeper in his first game they raved about him

Secondly why isn’t Field even making the bench?

Cuzer

Apologies just seen Field thread further down page, match fitness by the sounds?

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers