Are we q better team at the moment than in the Premier?
(10-07-2019, 12:41 PM)Geralous Wrote: If this squad went up there’d certainly need to additions to the squad to stave off a relegation battle.

2 Strikers

Matty Philips upgrade or at least as good without the injury proneness.

Goalkeeper or 2

A few more stepping from the academy wouldn’t go amiss.

Also our youngsters ie Nathan/Kyle and the ones out on loan would need to keep up their development and make the step up

Dowling has unearthed the next Phillips IMO. Chris Willock. Everyone will be eulogising about him by end of the season
(10-07-2019, 04:52 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 12:41 PM)Geralous Wrote: If this squad went up there’d certainly need to additions to the squad to stave off a relegation battle.

2 Strikers

Matty Philips upgrade or at least as good without the injury proneness.

Goalkeeper or 2

A few more stepping from the academy wouldn’t go amiss.

Also our youngsters ie Nathan/Kyle and the ones out on loan would need to keep up their development and make the step up

Dowling has unearthed the next Phillips IMO. Chris Willock. Everyone will be eulogising about him by end of the season

Someone needs to start a sticky of all these claims to see if any come true  Big Grin

I think Willock will play a part this season, but that's a bold claim. Slav and co. obviously wanting to make sure he's ready for Championship football before integrating him as it's a lot different to U21s/B-team football.
(10-07-2019, 09:37 AM)fuzzbox Wrote: Were certainly better to watch and we are winning more games.

But how would we play and compete in the premiership?

Are we better than the last couple of seasons in the premiership?

Promising as the signs are, it's too early to say. We also need to stop leaking goals.
Can't stand the PL. So up or down dont much bother me.

So long as the football is good. That's what matters.

Of course I'd be very happy to see the Baggies promoted.. but I much prefer footy in the Championship. It's proper football. Like it used to be in the first division.
We'd be cannon fodder in the Prem at the moment. 

We would need to strengthen significantly defensively.

Goalkeeper
Centre-back.

Midfield? Replacement for Livermore?  Could Sawyers hack it?

Two strikers. None of the current bunch are good enough. 

We have to bear in mind Grady isn't ours either and he's a key player. 

So in my view we would need to sign at least 5/6 prem quality players to have any chance of staying up.