our best tackler
Ignoring centre half, who do we have in the team that can put in a tackle?

We do seem to have more than our fair share of soft feet.

Livermore is a hard worker, but certainly no Yacob. Krovinovic seems like he isn't shy in 50/50 but not someone we can play deep.

Maybe Ajayi will move into midfield when we play the more attacking teams away from home?
Ajayi for Livermore would be my shout.
Ajayi
Tackling isn’t a metric midfielders should be judged on. Interceptions are what counts, which is what Livermore and Sawyers do well.

We already boss possession, we don’t have to turn it over through tackles as this leaves us open to giving the opposition the opportunity to put a set piece into our box.
(08-14-2019, 11:40 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Tackling isn’t a metric midfielders should be judged on. Interceptions are what counts, which is what Livermore and Sawyers do well.

We already boss possession, we don’t have to turn it over through tackles as this leaves us open to giving the opposition the opportunity to put a set piece into our box.

Exactly this.

When Fergie got rid of Jaap Stam from United, one of the reasons why was that the stats showed he wasn't making many tackles. But he was playing so well and intercepting things, so he didn't need to make tackles.

We are looking to intercept passes and turnover possession that way. Tackles are dying out of football anyway.
Refugee from westbrom.com
Fine tackling though is an art to behold.

The slide in, and robbing the ball off the opponent's boot...

#satisfying
(08-14-2019, 11:56 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Fine tackling though is an art to behold.

The slide in, and robbing the ball off the opponent's boot...

#satisfying

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
O'Shea would have had Ron Manager purring last night.
When Hegazi fit, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ajayi move into midfield, he was immense today, especially going forward.
(08-31-2019, 06:20 PM)sickParrot Wrote: When Hegazi fit, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ajayi move into midfield, he was immense today, especially going forward.

Me and my old man said this. That run at the end was sublime. He scored a few for Rotherham from midfield IIRC?