What’s the hopes and expectations now?
I’m hard pressed to recall such an overhaul of the squad and fully expect it’s going to take time. I still expect that we probably have the quality to be top 6, but really would not be surprised if we find ourselves taking 10-15 games to start making an impression.
Social media won’t be fun, if I’m right.
My expectations are unchanged, I don't consider tonight to be worthy of feeding into the overall season. It was a good opportunity for Bilic to try something new and give some players a run out.

I'm still concerned that we have little up front and that I don't think Austin will be the answer, but I will wait and see and hope that I am wrong. Sadly, it also seems like our technically gifted midfield don't seem to know how to score either.
Still top 6.

I won’t let a cup defeat with a second string team upset me too much.
(08-13-2019, 09:45 PM)MassDebater Wrote: My expectations are unchanged, I don't consider tonight to be worthy of feeding into the overall season. It was a good opportunity for Bilic to try something new and give some players a run out.

I'm still concerned that we have little up front and that I don't think Austin will be the answer, but I will wait and see and hope that I am wrong. Sadly, it also seems like our technically gifted midfield don't seem to know how to score either.

+1

Good observations. No weaknesses are allowed to be pointed out according to OP. Just keep on clapping bud.
Couple of new signings look very bright but our forward line has to leave most fans very concerned ... I’m reverting to my original mid table prediction

Bilic will learn the hard way in playing Burke as lone forward (or even featuring in the team) unless he wants a season full of frustration & under performance

imbalanced squad .. never had so many tricky wingers but we’re short of a striker who can head a ball
Promotion was never won in August.

We have to follow the Seals (gulp). Stay in touch and develop until Jan, and then sign a couple of players to make the difference, at this point.

Finish strongly and hit the play offs as the team in form.
Anyone thinking we would walk the league is going to be disappointed but it's ridiculous to change expectations based upon a draw against Millwall and a game with our second string and debutants who have never played together.

My expectations are the same as before, it'll be a slog but we'll be around the top 6 at the end of it,

What is clear is that Sawyers and Krovinovic are going be absolutely key to our season
Worrying that we are creating so few chances ,it needs more intensity rather than this tippy tappy football with no end product,their goalkeeper had nothing to do all night
(08-13-2019, 09:51 PM)Mickyfudge Wrote: Worrying that we are creating so few chances ,it needs more intensity rather than this tippy tappy football with no end product,their goalkeeper had nothing to do all night

That’s the big concern
I haven't seen the game so little point in offering opinions on the players or the performance. What I have noticed is Bond hasn't had a mention, the new guys coming into the side hasn't appeared to given us a boost. We're out of the cup and hopefully Bilic has learnt a few things. We should all remember Rome wasn't built in a day.