Early Observations
(08-13-2019, 09:02 PM)ABBaggie Wrote: Probably overreacting as I’ve just sat through it, but I am coming away from tonight with a few serious concerns. Hopeful that the lack of creativity might be rectified by the new signings, but a lack of tempo and intensity is worrying.

The zonal marking is the biggest concern though. It has to stop now otherwise we’ll give away goals every week.

It stopped at half time, they went man to man in the second half...not as if it helped much

Woeful, schoolboy defending two games running v Millwall, just bullied at set pieces

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(08-14-2019, 01:11 AM)Cuzer Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 09:02 PM)ABBaggie Wrote: Probably overreacting as I’ve just sat through it, but I am coming away from tonight with a few serious concerns. Hopeful that the lack of creativity might be rectified by the new signings, but a lack of tempo and intensity is worrying.

The zonal marking is the biggest concern though. It has to stop now otherwise we’ll give away goals every week.

It stopped at half time, they went man to man in the second half...not as if it helped much

Woeful, schoolboy defending two games running v Millwall, just bullied at set pieces

Cuzer

Hegazi cannot come back too soon. He is sorely missed.
(08-13-2019, 11:57 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 10:26 PM)Moore Than Wrote:

I think the complete and utter lack of options up front is a bigger worry. We look blunt as fuck. Not sure if Austin came off to protect him for the weekend or because he looked like he was blowing after 20 minutes.

Big concerns. I think we still wouldn't have scored of we were still out there.

Austin has scored 16 goals in 71 appearances for Saints in the last 4 seasons.  I really don't think we can pin our hopes on him.  Looks a busted flush to me.

(08-13-2019, 08:44 PM)The Surgeon Wrote: A team that can’t score and a team that can’t defend. Going to be an interesting season imo

We are 5th in the table - how are the other 19 doing?

Not even September yet you bell-end.

Have a look at the table in March.

Bilic is having to assimilate an unprecedented turnover in players, 16 out and 9 in.   Give it time.

If Austin is a busted flush then we are well and truly fucked this season.
(08-13-2019, 08:48 PM)The Surgeon Wrote: 1 goal is never near enough for any serious championship team

Clarnet v2.0
(08-14-2019, 07:25 AM)TartanRug Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 11:57 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 10:26 PM)Moore Than Wrote:

I think the complete and utter lack of options up front is a bigger worry. We look blunt as fuck. Not sure if Austin came off to protect him for the weekend or because he looked like he was blowing after 20 minutes.

Big concerns. I think we still wouldn't have scored of we were still out there.

Austin has scored 16 goals in 71 appearances for Saints in the last 4 seasons.  I really don't think we can pin our hopes on him.  Looks a busted flush to me.

(08-13-2019, 08:44 PM)The Surgeon Wrote: A team that can’t score and a team that can’t defend. Going to be an interesting season imo

We are 5th in the table - how are the other 19 doing?

Not even September yet you bell-end.

Have a look at the table in March.

Bilic is having to assimilate an unprecedented turnover in players, 16 out and 9 in.   Give it time.

If Austin is a busted flush then we are well and truly fucked this season.
 16 in 71 is misleading, divide that by minutes on the pitch on the basis that it is difficult to score sitting on the bench.

Anything under 200 is good enough
1 goal every 196 minutes at Saints in the Premier League.

Give him service and he'll score
Lot of bites on here, you should all be ashamed.
In the form of his life.
(08-14-2019, 08:04 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Lot of bites on here, you should all be ashamed.

I have no shame, you should know that by now.
(08-14-2019, 08:06 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 08:04 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Lot of bites on here, you should all be ashamed.

I have no shame, you should know that by now.

Big Grin 

Don't worry, I doubt he'll last long.
In the form of his life.
For all those posters who continually knock our players, an excellent forum exists where you will be most welcome.
It's called the Molineux Mix.