Mears
Gone to Charlton.

TBF him sitting, not crossing the half way line with Leko in front of him could work.
Thought Mears did a good job last season, certainly didn’t let us down when called upon. Wasn’t suited to playing wing back but was perhaps underused in the first half of the season. I’d take have given him a run at right back ahead of Tosin before Holgate arrived.
(08-12-2019, 09:42 PM)ABBaggie Wrote: Thought Mears did a good job last season, certainly didn’t let us down when called upon. Wasn’t suited to playing wing back but was perhaps underused in the first half of the season. I’d take have given him a run at right back ahead of Tosin before Holgate arrived.

Agree totally. Never let us down but never excited either . Did a good job but many fans failed to see it. May complement Leko but the meltdown on here if that was our right side.
Considering his age and that he'd been kicking about the MLS, I thought he did a decent job. Made the pant-wetting that greeted his arrival look very silly.

Remember at the time, he was emblematic of Evil Jenkins setting Big Dave up to fail. Now, of course, Big Dave was apparently a terrible manager who squandered a great team and it's Evil Jenkins fault that we didn't get Dean Smith and apparently guaranteed promotion.
(08-13-2019, 12:14 AM)Squid Wrote: Considering his age and that he'd been kicking about the MLS, I thought he did a decent job. Made the pant-wetting that greeted his arrival look very silly.

Remember at the time, he was emblematic of Evil Jenkins setting Big Dave up to fail. Now, of course, Big Dave was apparently a terrible manager who squandered a great team and it's Evil Jenkins fault that we didn't get Dean Smith and apparently guaranteed promotion.

Some didn’t think DM was right for the position before he was appointed the same with GJ and some did prefer Dean Smith who ultimately got promoted with imo no better squad than we had. I agree many try and rewrite history on here or hope no one remembers what they wrote but not everyone.
Never let us down and a couple of assists in the few minutes he had.

Personally one I'd have kept in the squad as experienced back-up for crunch/crisis points in the season.
Good luck to him. Did a decent job.

Probably quite good for Leko and Field to have a senior figure they know around too.
(08-13-2019, 08:58 AM)MGalea Wrote: Good luck to him. Did a decent job.

Probably quite good for Leko and Field to have a senior figure they know around too.

Agreed. V decent in a 4
No complaints whatsoever about Mears. Did his job and we had good value.