Last time v. Millwall in the League Cup...
(08-12-2019, 07:08 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: I remember Smith. He had longish, shaggy, slightly curly dark hair. I think only about 200 Albion got in at the away leg, from what I've been told.

The home leg was mental. Millwall on the Rainbow Stand boxes. Nasty bunch though, I've since seen footage and heard the monkey noises and abuse at Regis, Perry and Thompson.

Was talking to a few WBA fans in my local in Halesowen about that run in 8384. They were at Millwall and also away at Chelsea in the next round. The abuse was disgusting too. 

Name the Millwall and Chelsea managers that season
(08-12-2019, 05:53 PM)yeoman lai Wrote: I was on duty that night and kicked the living snot out of a few of them... You could in those days. Big Grin

Innocent times  Big Grin

Yours Nigel!

Funnily enough I was only thinking of the old black maria’s on Saturday when I went past the vans on Halfords lane. Young copper smiled and said hello, I thought about the days when me looking in would have got a threatening look a a raise of a baton in my direction  Big Grin
(08-12-2019, 07:48 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 07:08 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: I remember Smith. He had longish, shaggy, slightly curly dark hair. I think only about 200 Albion got in at the away leg, from what I've been told.

The home leg was mental. Millwall on the Rainbow Stand boxes. Nasty bunch though, I've since seen footage and heard the monkey noises and abuse at Regis, Perry and Thompson.

Was talking to a few WBA fans in my local in Halesowen about that run in 8384. They were at Millwall and also away at Chelsea in the next round. The abuse was disgusting too. 

That would have been midway through George Graham at Millwall.

No idea on Chelsea - John Hollins was there in the 80s but that’s before my time!
(08-12-2019, 07:54 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 07:48 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:

That would have been midway through George Graham at Millwall.

No idea on Chelsea - John Hollins was there in the 80s but that’s before my time!

GG correct
(08-12-2019, 05:27 PM)Anew Wrote: Was there,13 years old at the time and it was the most terrifying experience I've ever had at any match I've attended (before or since)left the game at 4-0 up did know wether we'd gone through until I got home.

Was that the match where they were coming over the roofs of the old Rainbow Executive Boxes? Remember my dad telling me about that against Millwall, was before I started going regularly.

Then I read some other posts and see that it was. He said he'd never been so fearful at a match before or since that one.
Here you go chaps. Grainy footage but memories galore.https://youtu.be/fUfFK01lix0
(08-12-2019, 08:18 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Here you go chaps. Grainy footage but memories galore.https://youtu.be/fUfFK01lix0

That video reminded me of all the pirate VHS (remember them kiddies?!?!) tapes that my uncle used to get!
Here you go- better footage https://youtu.be/grLgurOH_HQ
That was one crackers night. The old fella and I were in the Woodman corner under the old scoreboard. As they came along the roofs of the executive boxes I asked him if we should scarper. He said there was enough of us there to kick the shit out them. Worries over there and then. From memory the executive boxes were quite new and looked a mess after their trampling. The other memory of that night was their piss taking diminishing and turning to rage as the goals went in.
(08-12-2019, 08:39 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Here you go- better footage https://youtu.be/grLgurOH_HQ

We scored from a short corner.