Luke Dowling take a bow son....
I dont understand how this was a suprise. How did these signings slip through the knowledge of the ITK peeps on here
Anyone balanced would have known that failing to go up would mean a huge overhaul of staff.
It looks decent- perhaps one more decent striker would have been the icing on the cake. Saturday's starting 11 will be interesting.
(08-08-2019, 05:17 PM)Sliced Wrote: I dont understand how this was a suprise. How did these signings slip through the knowledge of the ITK peeps on here

To be fair Austin was on the list Athers' sources gave him.
(08-08-2019, 05:17 PM)Sliced Wrote: I dont understand how this was a suprise. How did these signings slip through the knowledge of the ITK peeps on here

TBF I'd say there was only really Willock that didn't get mentioned til late on.

i'm with you Spandau, one more striker of decent recent history would have been the icing.
https://www.abola.pt/Nnh/Noticias/Ver/788098

Willock linked back in May.
(08-08-2019, 05:22 PM)MGalea Wrote: https://www.abola.pt/Nnh/Noticias/Ver/788098

Willock linked back in May.

Furry Muff... I'd not heard a single mention of him until yesterday...
(08-08-2019, 05:01 PM)Banbury Baggie Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 04:49 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: A big well done to the so called monitoring department. All you pissy panty, stompy footy twats take note. Now all get up the ground and be a bit patient and support the club. Not start squealing like tarts at the first stray pass. Enjoy yourselves ffs. Who knows where it may take us.

Such eloquent use of the finest language in the world...….. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Eat your heart out Shakespeare
(08-08-2019, 05:37 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 05:01 PM)Banbury Baggie Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 04:49 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: A big well done to the so called monitoring department. All you pissy panty, stompy footy twats take note. Now all get up the ground and be a bit patient and support the club. Not start squealing like tarts at the first stray pass. Enjoy yourselves ffs. Who knows where it may take us.

Such eloquent use of the finest language in the world...….. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Eat your heart out Shakespeare

I think this post is second only to Guns of Naverone's beautiful description of the Seal Sanctuary being turned into a Tesco Express, as my favourite post on here.

Agree with the part about enjoying ourselves. I still remember some numpty in the Brummie shouty "Greedy, greedy, greedy" at Harvey Barnes for making a long run with the ball.
(08-08-2019, 04:59 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Will the stay away protest still take place? That's what I want to know!

I wont be there unfortunately still detest Jenkins .

I'm on holiday a very decent window we have had I just hope they dont flatter to deceive.
(08-08-2019, 04:40 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Tbh I thought he did well in January too.

As it was Murphy and Montero didn’t work out but I’m not as anti Dowling as everyone else.

So you're the only pro-Dowling person in the WORLD? Big Grin

On the face of it the Board and Dowling have done a great job with a bit left in the kitty.

And to sign 3 wingers in a day is,  quite frankly, almost incredulous....who,  you could argue,  are all 'better' than Barnes 12 months ago.

I think the message is,  we are taking no chances this season - we have covered every angle - with money to spend in Jan if we need it.

We need to get in the top 2 asap and stay there.

I thought our squad was good last season.  I think this is potentially better with a far superior manager.

Not been to any pre-season friendlies or Forest Saturday, so really looking forward to seeing 4/5 of our new signings on Saturday.