Holgate
The Baggies are set to pay Rangers in the region of £1.5million for the 23-year-old, who will bolster Slaven Bilic's back-line.

Furlong's arrival will allow Allan Nyom to be sold to Spanish club Getafe, and plug the gap at right-back.

Mason Holgate has returned to parent club Everton, although the Baggies would be keen to bring him back on loan.

However, they are waiting to see if the Merseyside club are willing to let Holgate leave again.

Signing Furlong would not cool their interest in Holgate, who can play centre-back as well as right-back.

Furlong is the son of former QPR striker Paul Furlong, and played 20 times in the Championship for Rangers last season.

He has previously had loan spells at Northampton Town, Cambridge United and Swindon Town.

The Baggies are starting to make significant moves in the transfer window, having signed Kenneth Zohore and Semi Ajayi on Friday and Saturday respectively.

Advertising

They retain an interest in Sporting winger Matheus Pereira, and are keen to bring him in on a season-long loan with an option to buy.

Negotiations with the Portuguese club remain ongoing, but the Baggies are exploring a number of attacking options.

They are also interested in former academy player Romaine Sawyers, but are one of many clubs looking at the Brentford playmaker.
Rumors growing that we want him back - as a CB which is where he sees his future.
With Ashley Williams and Phil Jagielka being released and Kurt Zouma returning to Chelsea, with Lampard keeping him now.
This leaves Micheal Keane (£27m) and Verry Mina (£22.5m) as the first choice centre backs.
Holgate looks as though he will be sub or reserve at best if he stays.
Everton have already declared they are in the market for another CH! so Holgate will slip further down the pecking order.
Valued at £6m+ I would like to see us buy him, but it maybe a step too far? Another loan looks much more feasible IMO.
(07-22-2019, 12:45 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: With Ashley Williams and Phil Jagielka being released and Kurt Zouma returning to Chelsea, with Lampard keeping him now.
This leaves Micheal Keane (£27m) and Verry Mina (£22.5m) as the first choice centre backs.
Holgate looks as though he will be sub or reserve at best if he stays.
Everton have already declared they are in the market for another CH! so Holgate will slip further down the pecking order.
Valued at £6m+ I would like to see us buy him, but it maybe a step too far? Another loan looks much more feasible IMO.

If Holgate is available at £6m we should bite their hands off. He has areas of his game that need work, but there’s so much potential to develop.

As I’ve said before, if we can’t get Holgate over the line, Bree from Villa would be a good option. Very attacking RB who played very well at this level for Barnsley and Villa until Hutton’s resurgence. There’s a good player in him and he won’t get a look in there.
Holgate for 6M would be ideal. He's more than capable at this level. Also has a definite re sale value if we hit the financial buffers.
If the asking price is indeed £6m then we’d be foolish not to at least try. That said I would be surprised if that was the case, Everton see him as one for the future and £6m seems incredibly low considering how much Mings went for recently.

Edit: Just realised it was Remi quoting the figures so it’s almost certainly bollocks.
6m is absolutely nothing for Holgate
(07-22-2019, 07:14 PM)Duffers Wrote: If the asking price is indeed £6m then we’d be foolish not to at least try. That said I would be surprised if that was the case, Everton see him as one for the future and £6m seems incredibly low considering how much Mings went for recently.

Edit: Just realised it was Remi quoting the figures so it’s almost certainly bollocks.

The value was taken from Transfermarket which is normally close.
 www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-everton/startseite/verein/29
And for a further deliberate WU comment Duffers that's a tenner you owe the donations kitty.
I reckon 10 would do it
(07-22-2019, 07:46 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(07-22-2019, 07:14 PM)Duffers Wrote: If the asking price is indeed £6m then we’d be foolish not to at least try. That said I would be surprised if that was the case, Everton see him as one for the future and £6m seems incredibly low considering how much Mings went for recently.

The value was taken from Transfermarket which is normally close.
 www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-everton/startseite/verein/29
And for a further deliberate WU comment Duffers that's a tenner you owe the donations kitty.

I’ll pay when your “mate” does.