Blind Dave Heeley
Before tonight all I knew about 'Blind Dave' was he supports us, runs marathons and is blind , tonight he did a talk at the Albion Girls Academy pre-season induction, didnt really know what to expect in all honesty.

I presume most of you know his story from his early life to today, I didn't and all I can say is, what an incredible man, that is all.
(07-18-2019, 09:20 PM)4-hero Wrote: Before tonight all I knew about 'Blind Dave' was he supports us, runs marathons and is blind , tonight he did a talk at the Albion Girls Academy pre-season induction, didnt really know what to expect in all honesty.

I presume most of you know his story from his early life to today, I didn't and all I can say is, what an incredible man, that is all.

On Talk Sport recently fantastic ambassador for the club. 

If you have your health you should feel blessed. 

Amazing guy.
Went to the showcasing of his film recently at the stadium. Dave did a Q&A afterwards and was superb. An incredibly positive attitude to life - makes you wonder how he is an Albion fan to be honest!
An incredible man
Went to school with him at George Salters although he was a yr above , came off the Dunkirk est Greet Green dont think he fully lost his sight when at school but remember him wearing those thick lens glasses at a young age , but what he as done in his life puts most of us to shame .
Never heard of him.
(07-19-2019, 06:13 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Never heard of him.

awww you still sore because I hadnt heard of that Tennis bird
(07-18-2019, 09:20 PM)4-hero Wrote: Before tonight all I knew about 'Blind Dave' was he supports us, runs marathons and is blind , tonight he did a talk at the Albion Girls Academy pre-season induction, didnt really know what to expect in all honesty.

He once made my mom a bird table. It lasted years. 

I work at the college where he is Governor and where he once was a student.
(07-19-2019, 07:47 AM)4-hero Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 06:13 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Never heard of him.

awww you still sore because I hadnt heard of that Tennis bird

LOL
(07-18-2019, 09:57 PM)Lightnin Wrote: An incredible man

Indeed. Anyone who gets out of the Dunkirk Estate alive has to be fairly special.