'Offers in for other players'
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...e-reports/

Albion also have offers in place for other players, as they look to rebuild their squad ahead of next season.

(07-17-2019, 12:15 PM)Sliced Wrote: Good good. I would hope so.

To be honest I don't think we're twiddling our thumbs at all contrary to popular belief, I just don't think we've been successful in getting deals over the line yet (which is a different type of problem)

Agreed. 

I can see the loans coming the last few days anyway. Even after the Forest game.

(07-17-2019, 12:15 PM)Sliced Wrote: Good good. I would hope so.

To be honest I don't think we're twiddling our thumbs at all contrary to popular belief, I just don't think we've been successful in getting deals over the line yet (which is a different type of problem)

Agreed. I can see 3 or 4 of our loan acquisitions coming right at the end of the window. Even after the Forest game.
Good good. I would hope so.

The other major issue we’ve had is what our actual budget would be. This therefore would impact on quality of player we could attain.
"Offers are" and "in" are actually Chinese phrases roughly translated as "strip the assets!" "keep them in the shit forever!" respectively.
the last thing we need is a load of loan players surely! Especially if they can be hooked out in January if they do well for us.
I don't get everyone's beef with loans.

For me, the difference between going up or not will be how we utilise the loan market.

Wolves and Villa went up with practically loan sides. Where we need to better is the deals in place for purchasing at the end of the loan or making sure there is no call back during the loan.
(07-17-2019, 12:40 PM)Dumbo Wrote: I don't get everyone's beef with loans.

For me, the difference between going up or not will be how we utilise the loan market.

Wolves and Villa went up with practically loan sides. Where we need to better is the deals in place for purchasing at the end of the loan or making sure there is no call back during the loan.

Absolutely!

Wolves had agreed prices on the loans which enabled them to get good value... they did however ensure the key players were signed permanently - is: Neves.

Villa have had to spend £80m just to have the same squad they had last season, and should we get promoted this isn’t an option for us.... we have an ever reducing number of saleable assets and need to ensure a healthy mix of players we can develop and sell on as well as loanees.

I have no issue with loan players at all, but when our signings under 25 are on loan, and those over 25 seem to be permanent we’re not doing ourselves favours long term. Loans should be for the likes of Gayle, where it’s quality players on big wages without a long term commitment as we can’t do that... permanent signings should be made with the objective of resale.

Absolutely correct. We end up with a better quality of player for the season, and no long term wage bill to somehow pay for with much reduced parachute payments.

Plus fuggin one!