Teams to watch in the Chump 19/20
(07-16-2019, 01:14 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote: Surprised nobody has mentioned Bristol City

Bristol City.
(07-16-2019, 10:32 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Luton and Barnsley in particular are having their best players picked off, so I can't see a bright future for them. 

Of the relegated teams, Fulham are the only ones I can see doing anything. Cardiff punched above their weight and made a real good fist of it last season, but I think it'll be hard to motivate them to do it all again. Huddersfield just look bog standard mid table to me.

We're a couple of top signings off challenging. How you guys do is obviously dependant on signings, but it's not looking anywhere near as positive as it was this time last year.

Can't see beyond Leeds topping it. Brentford could be a threat if they weren't so intent on showing off how good they are at making a profit on players they've bought for next to nowt.

Totally agree with that esp your first 2 paragraphs. Really can't see any more than 1 of the relegated teams making a real fist of it this year. I think the top 6 will come mainly  from those in the championship last season; us, Leeds, Stoke, Forest, Bristol City, Brentford then add Fulham into the mix too. Can't see Cardiff being too far away but towards 7th/8th
Can't agree about Cardiff, write off Warnock at your peril. As for Fulham and Huddersfield, the squads are capable if the management is up to it. If Bruce stays at Wednesday, I'd expect them to finish in the top 8. Bielsa, as ever, is impossible to call. If he doesn't implode then Leeds will be thereabouts. Derby will sell their ground again, and fall short again.
It's way too early to tell yet. Most of these teams will be vastly different come the end of the window.
(07-16-2019, 07:09 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Can't agree about Cardiff, write off Warnock at your peril. As for Fulham and Huddersfield, the squads are capable if the management is up to it. If Bruce stays at Wednesday, I'd expect them to finish in the top 8.  Bielsa, as ever, is impossible to call. If he doesn't implode then Leeds will be thereabouts. Derby will sell their ground again, and fall short again.
It's way too early to tell yet. Most of these teams will be vastly different come the end of the window.

According to most reports, Bruce resigned yesterday.
(07-16-2019, 07:13 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 07:09 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Can't agree about Cardiff, write off Warnock at your peril. As for Fulham and Huddersfield, the squads are capable if the management is up to it. If Bruce stays at Wednesday, I'd expect them to finish in the top 8.  Bielsa, as ever, is impossible to call. If he doesn't implode then Leeds will be thereabouts. Derby will sell their ground again, and fall short again.

That's good news for everyone except th'Oss Punchers.
(07-16-2019, 07:13 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

I believe Bruce and his staff left yesterday, I must assume the compensation package has been paid. 
As Bilic has indicated he's on a 2 year project, I assume he has not got the sword of Damocles hanging over him if we don't 
get promotion. If he is doing a rebuild and just doing a consolidatory exercise this season I think we the fans would accept a mid-table position? Lai and Jenkins expectations may not match my opinions though.
(07-16-2019, 09:22 AM)cosmicted Wrote: For me I have got a feeling the promoted teams might do well.
OK Luton we don't want to for obvious reasons.
Barnsley seem to have a decent manager and money behind them
Charlton Young hungry players.
And Blackburn, slowly building.

Dark horses, Reading.Derby.

Forest and Leeds to drop off as well as ourselves.

Nothing doing with the Prem relegated teams mid table as best.

Play-off finalists Derby are dark horses?
Reading. Could be this years Norwich. 66/1 on Skybet is massive.

Signed Miazga yesterday on loan from Chelsea for season. Now have the best CH pairing in the division IMO along with Liam Moore. Also have a Michael Morrison Blues captain from last year in reserve.