I’m calling it now
(07-26-2019, 11:57 AM)Squid Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 11:28 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 11:00 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 10:49 PM)The Surgeon Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 08:10 PM)You Hi You Yes Dumbo Wrote: 3 mill paid today for Sawyers. To go with the Ajai and the Zohore money.

Oh dear, OP.

Sawyers is a decent signing although had we signed him at this juncture last season I’d have been underwhelmed so far have expectations fallen. Trouble is we don’t have anything like last seasons goalscorers for him to feed. Probably 10 million spent now on 4 players. Of course if the club spend the rest of the 25/30 million we should have left now on 2 more real quality players then I’m happy to say I was wrong and put this thread to bed.

No, you were wrong.

You said ‘the club won’t spend a penny’. We have. 

You called it. And you were wrong.

This.

We've still got the loan players to get in as well. I'm guessing (Or should I say I'm calling it now Big Grin ) that the strikers that we need will be loans but unfortunately we will have to wait as the Prem clubs and the individual players doing the loaning will be assessing their options before they commit. Let's not forget Gayle wasn't exactly chomping at the bit to dash down the M1 this time last year.

Indeed. He didn't want to come at all. BD had to go and persuade him.

A lot can change in 12 months... by all accounts he enjoyed his time here and was open to a return should Newcastle have wanted to make the Gayle/Rondon switch permanent... plus, a second summer of little/no firm interest from PL sides and a new manager overlooking him may influence his decision....