Rovinj / Croatia
Seen a few posters mention here in the last couple of days and wondering how busy it'll be in July...

Freed up some annual leave for a Thurs-Tues trip in mid July, and the other half wants to go somewhere with a beach and decent weather, but we're both keen to avoid the school rush.

Found really decent direct flights to Pula, and there are some lovely airBnBs at reasonable prices - but just wondering how busy it's likely to be... obviously don't expect the beaches to ourselves, but we don't want to be surrounded by screaming kids, or my personal pet hate, unable to stroll into bars/restaurants everywhere because they're fully booked!

(I usually avoid holidaying this time of year!)
We went to trogir in July last year, it was pretty busy (world Cup was on still and Croatia were still in it). Not that busy that it put me off however and I'm not one for crowds. I think you should be fine.

In Istanbul currently and its fuggin barmy.
First ever holiday abroad was Rovinj in July, with my Halesowen girlfriend. Don't feel I can add more to the debate as it was 1984. Lovely place though.
(06-25-2019, 11:24 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: First ever holiday abroad was Rovinj in July, with my Halesowen girlfriend. Don't feel I can add more to the debate as it was 1984. Lovely place though.

....I wasn’t even born then
Going there myself on Saturday for a week - mainly on the strength of the recent comments on here. Will report back on how busy it is when I return... And if it turns out to be shit I’ll consider this board to be the worst version of Tripadvisor ever.
(06-25-2019, 10:28 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Seen a few posters mention here in the last couple of days and wondering how busy it'll be in July...

Freed up some annual leave for a Thurs-Tues trip in mid July, and the other half wants to go somewhere with a beach and decent weather, but we're both keen to avoid the school rush.

Found really decent direct flights to Pula, and there are some lovely airBnBs at reasonable prices - but just wondering how busy it's likely to be... obviously don't expect the beaches to ourselves, but we don't want to be surrounded by screaming kids, or my personal pet hate, unable to stroll into bars/restaurants everywhere because they're fully booked!

(I usually avoid holidaying this time of year!)

The last time I went to Rovinj was 14 years ago, that was in July and it certainly wasn't as busy as Dubrovnik, it has a much more Italian feel than Croat but is a great place. The Plitvice lakes are well worth a visit and a trip into Slovenia to Lipica for the Lipizaner stables is a great day.
I was there last September, lovely place, stayed in Pula, fantastic appartment, big balcony with the sea below, swimming pool as well, and it wasnt expensive, great restaurants and also
 good bars to go to, only downer is that of course there are a lot of tourists in July, but still worth the visit.
(06-25-2019, 12:01 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 11:24 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: First ever holiday abroad was Rovinj in July, with my Halesowen girlfriend. Don't feel I can add more to the debate as it was 1984. Lovely place though.

....I wasn’t even born then
Thanks. And before you ask, no everything wasn't in black and white then.