Big Dave on SSN
Expert analysis on the England U21 game. 

He says "England's downfall all tournament has been conceding soft goals".

You couldn't make it up  Angry Angry Angry
(06-24-2019, 08:46 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Expert analysis on the England U21 game. 

I will always have fond memories from his playing career, but the first line of the interview with the Coaches Voice (published yesterday) just about sums him up:

"When I first left West Brom, I did go through a period of thinking, what did I do wrong? But now I’ve had time to look back and reflect, I know that I wouldn’t do anything differently. I really wouldn’t".

https://www.coachesvoice.com/darren-moor...ch-albion/
(06-24-2019, 09:08 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 08:46 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Expert analysis on the England U21 game. 

I will always have fond memories from his playing career, but the first line of the interview with the Coaches Voice (published yesterday) just about sums him up:

"When I first left West Brom, I did go through a period of thinking, what did I do wrong? But now I’ve had time to look back and reflect, I know that I wouldn’t do anything differently. I really wouldn’t".

That is a great article. I know he says that but he must surely think differently?
From the same site there is also a Graeme Jones interview. Twat never gives Albion, nor Big Dave, a mention. I fully hope we muller Luton this season.
(06-24-2019, 09:13 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 09:08 PM)WWHO Wrote:

That is a great article. I know he says that but he must surely think differently?
From the same site there is also a Graeme Jones interview. Twat never gives Albion, nor Big Dave, a mention. I fully hope we muller Luton this season.
I think there will be some scores to settle.
I think Big Dave would be wise to keep his head down for a bit now.  If he wouldn't have done anything differently then that tells you all you need to know.
Then he was never going to learn from his mistakes, like some hoped for.
The problem is, the mistakes weren't entirely his. He can't come out and say "I let my assistant have too much power and he's an utter idiot and I should have stood up to him", so he's giving a more polished version of events.

Talk sport have really damaged his chances of getting a managerial appointment. It's one thing to take a gamble on an up and coming manager, but quite another when sacking him will have your club branded as racist.
Interesting to know Jones hasn’t named his assistant. I wonder whether he’s asked Moore? Or whether Moore would even consider the role. For me his best bet is waiting. If Lampard joins Chelsea, he’ll be a good bet for Derby IMO. The longer he leaves getting a job he harder it will get. It’s good he’s been keeping his name in media.
(06-24-2019, 11:47 PM)Squid Wrote: The problem is, the mistakes weren't entirely his. He can't come out and say "I let my assistant have too much power and he's an utter idiot and I should have stood up to him", so he's giving a more polished version of events.

Talk sport have really damaged his chances of getting a managerial appointment. It's one thing to take a gamble on an up and coming manager, but quite another when sacking him will have your club branded as racist.

I think there's a middle ground between saying what he said and what you suggest. Moore could have quite easily said that upon reflection he tried to change too much, too quickly, or that he'd possibly been a little naive in some of this tactics in wanting to give the fan the attacking football they craved... 

If he truly believes he'd have done nothing any different then I fear for his next club, and it's a real shame as I really want to see him do well.

Can't agree with your last point... I really don't think anyone worth their salt in the football industry gives much of a fuck what TalkSport think. We've hardly been scarred since they branded us all racists have we?