Gaming clique
(04-02-2024, 08:05 PM)Jacko Wrote: Despite being quite faithful to game one, the star of the show surely won't be killed off in episode 2 or whatever. So I'd guess it will be heavily character-based episodes like the superb Bill episode from s1, and Joel will feature heavily throughout the season somehow.

Wouldn’t be so sure…

https://kotaku.com/last-us-tv-show-seaso...1851366131
(04-03-2024, 11:12 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 08:05 PM)Jacko Wrote: Despite being quite faithful to game one, the star of the show surely won't be killed off in episode 2 or whatever. So I'd guess it will be heavily character-based episodes like the superb Bill episode from s1, and Joel will feature heavily throughout the season somehow.

Wouldn’t be so sure…

I'm getting the feeling that Pedro is working on too many things of late anyway, seems to be in everything of late. And didn't he admit it was taking his toll and that it's rarely him as Mando lately?
(04-03-2024, 11:41 AM)NewWanker Wrote:

Wouldn’t be so sure…

I'm getting the feeling that Pedro is working on too many things of late anyway, seems to be in everything of late. And didn't he admit it was taking his toll and that it's rarely him as Mando lately?

He’s about to get a whole lot busier given he’s been cast as Reed Richards.

Wouldn’t be so sure…

It's going to get absolutely panned isn't it?
Dunno, staying true to the game isn’t such a bad thing, as much as a rate PP.
In the form of his life.
The Walking Dead strayed from its source material, the comics, very early on. Rick killed off Shane much earlier in the comics than he did in the TV series.

A highly irrelevant point, maybe, but there is form for keeping characters alive longer than the original source material did.
The difference is, the walking dead is absolute dog shit.
In the form of his life.
(04-03-2024, 01:59 PM)SuperBob2002 Wrote: The Walking Dead strayed from its source material, the comics, very early on. Rick killed off Shane much earlier in the comics than he did in the TV series.

A highly irrelevant point, maybe, but there is form for keeping characters alive longer than the original source material did.

I always thought Carl killed Shane in the comics? Never read them though.

TWD was excellent, it got ruined by making two series of talking bollox, followed by several years of making it all so stupid and filling it with plot holes. Sensible characters started doing stupid and irrational things.

I found TLOU series mostly good, but again some of the episodes were silly and a bit tedious at times.
(04-03-2024, 02:12 PM)MrBater Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 01:59 PM)SuperBob2002 Wrote: The Walking Dead strayed from its source material, the comics, very early on. Rick killed off Shane much earlier in the comics than he did in the TV series.

I always thought Carl killed Shane in the comics? Never read them though.

TWD was excellent, it got ruined by making two series of talking bollox, followed by several years of making it all so stupid and filling it with plot holes. Sensible characters started doing stupid and irrational things.

I found TLOU series mostly good, but again some of the episodes were silly and a bit tedious at times.

You're right, and I've read them! (They're excellent)! All beit I read them about 10 years ago. It's certainly very early on in the story, as opposed to quite far in the story as we see in the TV series.
Just started Lies Of P, just at Romeo right now. It's decent, but feels a bit too hand holdy compared to the Soulsbornes, like the danger is lessened with the star gazer placement and the watch that transports you if things get too hairy.