Fernando Ricksen
Just seen him on ITV news, very hard to watch. 

Horrid horrid disease
(06-14-2019, 09:53 PM)4-hero Wrote: Just seen him on ITV news, very hard to watch. 

Horrid horrid disease

Strangely enough I was at a do today and Doddie Weir was a speaker, he’s had the same disease for almost 2 1/2 years.  Watching a man be fed and have his drink poured into his mouth for him because he can’t lift his own arms.  Raised a shit load of money for his wonderful charity though, he was also great fun.

It really is a shit disease and one reason why I don’t believe in a god.  If god does exist how can anyone pray and offer reverence to “it” when this kind of suffering is allowed.
Mate’s dad had motor neurone disease, a 6ft carpenter, hard as nails from the West of Ireland. I saw him six months later, he looked like Howard Jones. Gone in a year.
(06-14-2019, 10:31 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 09:53 PM)4-hero Wrote: Just seen him on ITV news, very hard to watch. 

Horrid horrid disease

Strangely enough I was at a do today and Doddie Weir was a speaker, he’s had the same disease for almost 2 1/2 years.  Watching a man be fed and have his drink poured into his mouth for him because he can’t lift his own arms.  Raised a shit load of money for his wonderful charity though, he was also great fun.

It really is a shit disease and one reason why I don’t believe in a god.  If god does exist how can anyone pray and offer reverence to “it” when this kind of suffering is allowed.
Me neither apologies to all you religious people but if there is a god who is all loving and compassionate then why do people have to suffer and die the the most agonising and awful ways possible, if so then he must be one sadistic being.

Horrid horrid disease

It really is a shit disease and one reason why I don’t believe in a god.  

And one if the reasons I believe in Assisted Suicide
(06-15-2019, 04:27 AM)4-hero Wrote:

Horrid horrid disease

It really is a shit disease and one reason why I don’t believe in a god.  

And one if the reasons I believe in Assisted Suicide

Don't tell Ziz that FFS sake
(06-14-2019, 11:06 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Mate’s dad had motor neurone disease, a 6ft carpenter, hard as nails from the West of Ireland. I saw him six months later, he looked like Howard Jones. Gone in a year.
I've seen similar. A guy that went in our pub, cycled to work every day, regular weekends away in Europe, regular attender at any local sporting events. One weekend came in the pub unable to operate one of his arms. Next week it was worse, everyone suspected a minor stroke. After 6 weeks he was virtually paralysed. One year on he's in a chair, fed through his stomach and unable to speak.
Possibly the cruellest disease I've ever come across.
A very good mate of mine was diagnosed early and is five years on. He’s been truly inspirational in how he’s faced up to it, but everyone knows what’s ahead.

I’ve seen a number of links on twitter to the Ricksen clip, but I can’t bring myself to watch it. Utterly heartbreaking.

Horrid horrid disease

Horrible condition - my wife's severe Miller Fisher syndrome left her totally paralysed in a few days (the medics had no idea what it was and expected her to die) but she has made a partial recovery.  There isn't a way out with MND.  Horrible.

The religious will say it isn't God's fault but the Fall and the sins of the father etc - God allows free choice and we sinned and the wages of sin is death.  Bollocks but that is the rationale.
Watched the clip, it’s an absolutely awful disease, and so difficult to watch someone have to go through that battle.

I’ve never been one to worry about health and so on, but the thought of ever being diagnosed with a disease like that terrifies me. He and his family deserve so much credit for facing into it so strongly.