Vine
Went last night after watching the magnificent Blind Dave short movie, now i normally go pre-match but have no foodt but fuck me the curry in there is absolute dog shit,  Ordered and sat down and within 2 minutes it was served and all i can say is it resembled soup with a few bits of chicken in. They must have vats of sauce and just put in whatever you order, cannot for the life of me see how this is cooked from scratch.
I've stopped going.

There are better options nearby.
Sportsman and Island Inn tend to be better regarding curries. The lamb in The Sportsman goes down a treat, really tender and not tough like some places.
Red Lion, best of the lot for me.
I like the food in the Sportsman but just a quick shout out for the Soho Tavern on a match day. Reasonably priced, good sized portions and very tasty.  Further afield on the way in from Brum is the Hen and Chickens at St Paul's. More expensive but very nice food.
Rowan?  Get Tom Ross on line one.
(06-13-2019, 07:34 AM)WWHO Wrote:
Rowan?  Get Tom Ross on line one.

Beat me to it. Thought the deal had finally gone through. Assumed that Coucher and Shaw had found the paper work whilst pissing around with Bilic's contract.
(06-13-2019, 06:51 AM)Noibla Wrote: Went last night after watching the magnificent Blind Dave short movie, now i normally go pre-match but have no foodt but fuck me the curry in there is absolute dog shit,  Ordered and sat down and within 2 minutes it was served and all i can say is it resembled soup with a few bits of chicken in. They must have vats of sauce and just put in whatever you order, cannot for the life of me see how this is cooked from scratch.

Food has gone down hill over the years as it now caters for the masses. 

Chicken tikka off the bbq is still decent mind, I just can't be arsed with the queues.
(06-13-2019, 06:51 AM)Noibla Wrote: Went last night after watching the magnificent Blind Dave short movie, now i normally go pre-match but have no foodt but fuck me the curry in there is absolute dog shit,  Ordered and sat down and within 2 minutes it was served and all i can say is it resembled soup with a few bits of chicken in. They must have vats of sauce and just put in whatever you order, cannot for the life of me see how this is cooked from scratch.

I went along to that. Thought it was superb, very well done. Just the right format and length.
(06-13-2019, 07:48 AM)Oalbion_pigeon Wrote:

Food has gone down hill over the years as it now caters for the masses. 

Chicken tikka off the bbq is still decent mind, I just can't be arsed with the queues.

Agree - the tikka is great but the main menu is very poor considering competition.

Olde Wine Lodge branded up as Haveli Grill opposite the Prince of Wales has the best food in West Brom but rarely seems to get a mention. 

Soho Tavern and the Eagle are great post match options for food ans a boozer