Style of Football
Dunno about style so much, but if we can have a quarter of the jam those fish eating fuckers had I'll be happy.
(06-11-2019, 08:23 PM)yeoman lai Wrote: Dunno about style so much, but if we can have a quarter of the jam those fish eating fuckers had I'll be happy.

I spoke to a villa fan yesterday and he said " you know what you need to do. Do what we did and stick two fingers up to FFP and buy your way out of it"

Not a trace of irony in it either. Just said with a smug arrogance.

I still honestly can't believe those jammy cunts. There is no such thing as a footballing god thats for sure.
(06-11-2019, 08:19 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 08:03 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 07:31 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: From experience of getting promoted with Pulis in charge, I'd say the style of football only becomes an issue when you get to the Premier League. 

If you're winning the majority of your games, which to challenge for promotion you'd be expected to do, the supporters won't really care that much because there's really only one goal, and that's getting back to the Premier League.

Once you're there, if you're a team like Mourinho's Chelsea playing the Pulis way, the supporters will still lap it up because they're winning trophys. But for a midtable team who can only win around 12 to 15 games per season, there's got to be a bit more of the aesthetics, something more to look forward to, else it just becomes a grind. 

We were happy as Larry watching Pulisball as it took us to the Premier League and kept us there against the odds. Once we'd become established though, we got sick of the negativity and knocking it long to Crouchie. That's when style of play became much more important to us.
Yes  but you were considerably  more exciting under Pulis than we were,  believe it or not.    Stoke just got the ball in the box ASAP,  Route One, Long throw,  Etherheridge zooming down the wing.  By the time Pulis finished here we had 10 men 30 yards from our goal line and a no.9 in a different postcode to the rest of the team. He eventually closed in on his own tactics and every game became a training style attack vs defence.

That was very much how we ended up. Even when we had exciting players 'the cage' always came first.

And look where you are now ;Wink
(06-12-2019, 12:21 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 08:19 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 08:03 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 07:31 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: From experience of getting promoted with Pulis in charge, I'd say the style of football only becomes an issue when you get to the Premier League. 

If you're winning the majority of your games, which to challenge for promotion you'd be expected to do, the supporters won't really care that much because there's really only one goal, and that's getting back to the Premier League.

Once you're there, if you're a team like Mourinho's Chelsea playing the Pulis way, the supporters will still lap it up because they're winning trophys. But for a midtable team who can only win around 12 to 15 games per season, there's got to be a bit more of the aesthetics, something more to look forward to, else it just becomes a grind. 

We were happy as Larry watching Pulisball as it took us to the Premier League and kept us there against the odds. Once we'd become established though, we got sick of the negativity and knocking it long to Crouchie. That's when style of play became much more important to us.
Yes  but you were considerably  more exciting under Pulis than we were,  believe it or not.    Stoke just got the ball in the box ASAP,  Route One, Long throw,  Etherheridge zooming down the wing.  By the time Pulis finished here we had 10 men 30 yards from our goal line and a no.9 in a different postcode to the rest of the team. He eventually closed in on his own tactics and every game became a training style attack vs defence.

That was very much how we ended up. Even when we had exciting players 'the cage' always came first.

And look where you are now ;Wink

I'm fairly sure we both ended up in the same place at the same time.
Except you're in lovely Leek DK.
(06-12-2019, 12:49 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: Except you're in lovely Leek DK.

There are definitely worse places to be.