Why I'm not stressing.
(06-07-2019, 09:50 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 09:46 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 09:39 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 06:33 PM)Statto Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 02:53 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Not blaming him one bit he was put in a position when he shouldn't have he done his best and it backfired on the club .......we didn't go up because of the board I just don't know how you refuse to see it .........ex Fulham.manager or Shan......You pay the money to get the best available they wouldn't pay and we failed to go up ......it's not rocket science.

So why make such a derogatory comment about Shan. He was class and doesn't deserve it.

The only way the board cost us promotion was if you're saying they should have got rid of Moore sooner.

There is no guarantee that Jokanovic would've won 9 form 9 to put pressure on automatic. He had a slow start at Fulham.

The likelihood was play offs from the moment we lost to Leeds and Sheffield United.  We acted, consolidated our position and Shan's game plans were pretty much perfect against what was widely regarded as the form team with the momentum in the play offs. He outsmarted the coach that many have been screaming we should have appointed last summer (accepting some did at the time).

The players' failure to execute on the break on four occasions cost us a comfortable 2-0 win at least in the first leg. Again, we failed to convert the chances when we set the traps for Villa and had them in a full press for 20 minutes after half time at home. They were the things in our gift to influence, as were the poor discipline for the goals conceded in the first leg. That was corrected brilliantly for the second leg, even with 10 men.

We were also fucking unlucky.
We were denied a blatant penalty in each leg.
We conceded a soft one.
I don't blame the red cards, as we'd have been screaming for both as the opposition.
The momentum in both games also turned on Phillips going off. Shan managed him well to push him to that without him breaking, but his injury was unlucky.
We were also unlucky with Dawson's illness and HT sub in the first leg meaning we couldn't take Gayle off when he was walking the tightrope. That also affects our defending on their equaliser.
J-Rod's second leg injury was also unfortunate, as it robbed us of the outlet and an almost guaranteed 1-0 lead to start the shoot out.

We still came within the length of Johnstone's studs of getting to sudden death.  

Losing two goals over a two-leg tie to shit decisions - arguably three with their soft penalty is a lot for anyone to overcome. Villa had the rub throughout the playoffs, with decisions against us and their goals in the final. The first hits El Ghazi on the back and finds the corner, while the second is an absolute howler from a massively deflected shot.

I'm not sure how Jokanovic does any better than Shan for his 70k pw plus his massive entourage, or Allardyce short term on a basic £2m for eight weeks.

If Jokanovic hadn't got us up, and the costs of him and his team reduced the wages available for players, that could jeopardise this coming season's campaign. If we didn't get up again, in year three we'd struggle to afford his salary and definitely not be able to afford to sack him.  To jeopardise the club's future in that way is irresponsible.  There is a reason Stoke and Forest also said no, and their owners are pumping in more money than ours. It's the same reasoning on the three year deal for Gayle on those Wages. 

Jenkins is a cunt in many ways, but we are in the realm of needing someone to be a hard nosed cunt and make the difficult decisions that safeguard the future of the club. It's more important than keeping social media happy. Villa fans loved Dr Tone with his Twitter interaction and massively ambitious statements as he rolled the dice. They came within a few minutes of having no club. It's a lesson we should heed and have done. 

It's a bitch of a summer full of massively difficult decisions to make and I'm fucking glad I don't have to make them. With that in mind, unless I can come up with better, I won't be shouting obscenities from the cheap seats.
Who are you to tell me who I can say what I like about .........like I said the wankers in charge I have a problem with and will do until they fuck off more so lai who is useless. .

I'm allowed a opinion and I have a valid one that they sacked more without getting a replacement in that's my opinion if others don't agree that's up to them I'm not on my own in this matter .

Hi China
Fuck me Derek it took you 8 months to work that out and you wonder why your a remoaner. Huh Huh

I didn’t notice you for seven months but you’ve come into your own recently. If I may say so you are the epitome of a bog standard Brexiteer.
Ha ha poor Derek a man who wants to be a snob .
(06-07-2019, 10:00 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Ha ha poor Derek a man who wants to be a snob .

Just more discerning than some.
Are you getting confused?

I said why I don’t feel Shan deserves to be ridiculed and asked why you used a derogatory term about him. I’ve also said what I won’t be saying. I haven’t said you can’t say anything, but as with the other posts, I’ve challenged you to back it up. If that makes me arsy, I’ll live with it.

Are you suggesting Shan does deserve to ridiculed?

I can’t help it if I can explain and back up my opinions with a balanced assessment on what actually happened over the last three years, rather than angry soundbites without any actual substance.

If you want to explain where you think Jokanovic would have made a difference to get us promotion then I always welcome a considered debate. I’ve stated why I don’t think he would have. If you’re unable to do that and that causes you to start taking a more agressive tone with me, then once again that’s your prerogative. .

I’m fiercely passionate about my club and have always been hugely proud to be an Albion fan. However, this season the conduct of a large number in the ground towards our own players and the hysterical wailings of many on social media have made me genuinely embarrassed. The childish anti fucking everything and everyone rants make my club look more of a laughing stock than anything the board has or is doing.

Our fanbase has become more like those cunts from B6 in many ways. That hurts me. Embarrassment where pride used to be is not a pleasant feeling. I don’t search #wba any more. I have to scroll past any official club releases on social media to avoid the downright ridiculous responses.

We used to mock others for this kind of stuff and now we’ve become a parody of ourselves in that respect. That pisses me off and someone was eventually get called out and challeneged on their ranting. Nothing personal, but you piped up. I used to save the order of the shoe for Maccad123, but it needs saying.

We need to hold our nerve. The suggestion that we should be tearing ourselves apart at a pivotal point in our history is very dangerous IMHO, more dangerous that Jenkins. We need to stick together, not rabble rouse to kick the glass doors in. We need to use the fire to do everything we can to get ourselves promoted. Together, our fans are a force capable of special things. Look at the Villa game. Truly special. Their self proclaimed 12th man with their banners across the Holte had their arse handed to them on a plate over the two games. We need to use that spirit to help drive us forward to promotion.

Then, when our long term future is on the way to being secured, is the time to focus on Lai and tell him to invest, or sell up and fuck off.
(06-07-2019, 10:36 PM)Statto Wrote: Are you getting confused?

I said why I don’t feel Shan deserves to be ridiculed and asked why you used a derogatory term about him. I’ve also said what I won’t be saying. I haven’t said you can’t say anything, but as with the other posts, I’ve challenged you to back it up. If that makes me arsy, I’ll live with it.

I can’t help it if I can explain and back up my opinions with a balanced assessment on what actually happened over the last three years, rather than angry soundbites without any actual substance.

If you want to explain where you think Jokanovic would have made a difference to get us promotion then I always welcome a considered debate. I’ve stated why I don’t think he would have. If you’re unable to do that and that causes you to start taking a more agressive tone with me, then once again that’s your prerogative. .

I’m fiercely passionate about my club and have always been hugely proud to be an Albion fan. However, this season the conduct of a large number in the ground towards our own players and the hysterical wailings of many on social media have made me genuinely embarrassed. The childish anti fucking everything and everyone rants make my club look more of a laughing stock than anything the board has or is doing.

Our fanbase has become more like those cunts from B6 in many ways. That hurts me. Embarrassment where pride used to be is not a pleasant feeling. I don’t search #wba any more. I have to scroll past any official club releases on social media to avoid the downright ridiculous responses.

We used to mock others for this kind of stuff and now we’ve become a parody of ourselves in that respect. That pisses me off and someone was eventually get called out and challeneged on their ranting. Nothing personal, but you piped up. I used to save the order of the shoe for Maccad123, but it needs saying.

We need to hold our nerve. The suggestion that we should be tearing ourselves apart at a pivotal point in our history is very dangerous IMHO, more dangerous that Jenkins. We need to stick together, not rabble rouse to kick the glass doors in. We need to use the fire to do everything we can to get ourselves promoted. Together, our fans are a force capable of special things. Look at the Villa game. Truly special. Their self proclaimed 12th man with their banners across the Holte had their arse handed to them on a plate over the two games. We need to use that spirit to help drive us forward to promotion.

Then, when our long term future is on the way to being secured, is the time to focus on Lai and tell him to invest, or sell up and fuck off.

Statto I understand your passion and fair play nobody loves my club more than me I go week in week out home and away for years . I'm not angry at Shan or the players its the board im angry with that in hindsight DM getting the job was wrong.  He deserved it on getting good results but in the long run it was a bad decision .   It's another bad decision one after another over many years.  This is where my frustrations are I'm sick and tired of them making them.to the detriment to our club this is from not sacking pulis etc to not getting rid of pardew ..........didn't mean to have a go at Shan fully respect the bloke but he shouldn't have been in that position ...........up the Albion .
(06-08-2019, 03:51 AM)The liquidator Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 10:36 PM)Statto Wrote: Are you getting confused?

Statto I understand your passion and fair play nobody loves my club more than me I go week in week out home and away for years . I'm not angry at Shan or the players its the board im angry with that in hindsight DM getting the job was wrong.  He deserved it on getting good results but in the long run it was a bad decision .   It's another bad decision one after another over many years.  This is where my frustrations are I'm sick and tired of them making them.to the detriment to our club this is from not sacking pulis etc to not getting rid of pardew ..........didn't mean to have a go at Shan fully respect the bloke but he shouldn't have been in that position ...........up the Albion .

Probaly the best and most passtionate couple of post I've read on here in a long long time agree with all said, and your right Statto the atmosphere for that 2nd leg was truly awesome and shows what we as fans can bring to the table, if we can reproduce just 50% of that intensity for every home game next season teams will fear playing at the Hawthorns and could well be worth 6/7extra points imho.