Why I'm not stressing.
(06-07-2019, 01:26 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 01:17 PM)hudds Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 12:14 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 11:18 AM)Squid Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 11:11 AM)Statto Wrote: No answers then. Your prerogative.  

Interesting that not being on the football industry absolves you of the responsibility to back up your opinions, but you still feel qualified to comment in such aggressive tones on the situation.

I blame Lai, then Williams and Goodman. They've rightly gone for the absolute clusterfuck of Pulis' new contract and the Pardew appointment, which was the most damaging thing in all of this. Jenkins wasn't here at that time, although you wouldn't think so listening to social media. 

I reluctantly accept that Jenkins is the right man financially as we are sound, but we are at the point it could go dangerously wrong if we spunk money. I blame Lai for giving him complete control but do make some allowance that Jenkins has been left holding the baby, including some things that he shouldn't have to do. People fire at Jenkins for not sacking Pardew sooner, but that's very much hindsight being 20/20 and I make allowance for the absolute shitstorm he walked back into.

I do not blame Jenkins for our relegation, or us not getting promotion.

I blame Moore for appointing Jones, Jones for his behaviour and tactics, and Moore for not keeping Jones in his box and then not binning him when it was right to do so. I firmly believe Moore and Shan would have seen us promoted.

Dowling is still unknown. This will make or break him. He hasn't done enough to be blindly backed, but he hasn't done enough to be written off as useless. He saw the problems we had last year and tried to address them, but Moore would have it so he fired the bullets. I think Jokanovic let him down, but he may be culpable for not seeing that coming given what happened with Stoke and Forest.

We have no choice but to wait and see, but whatever he does it won't please everyone.  We'll certainly know by next May. Hopefully not any sooner.

Exactly right.

Those wondering why we're not aflame with protest, it's because there are plenty worse off...

Like Coventry, who will be playing at St Andrews next season:
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/...y-16393082

So that gives them a free pass does it
Of course not, China but it's not here nor there.  How about considering/answering Statto's points?  I'm angry we have been making a mess of things but Statto's posts are balanced and illuminating.  To be fair, this bored has generally kept its sanity.  You don't need to punch yourself in the balls to cure a headache.  Sorry, Brexit again....

Liquidator is China!?! That explains a lot...

It makes sense now ...
(06-07-2019, 01:30 PM)Statto Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 01:07 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 01:02 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 12:56 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I don't care about the season tickets issue mine is not appointing a manager when DM was sacked .we should have got a experienced manager in until the end of the season in with a lucrative bonus for getting us up .........Let's be honest they wanted it on the cheap and it has cost us 170 million that's the harsh truth in the matter its unforgivable .

Prove we'd have got promoted.

Ok do you thi k we would have had a better chance instead of a rookie putting the cones out how you can defend these charlatans is beyond me

James Shan is as much one of our own as Rakeem Harper or Kyle Edwards. He's a product of Albion Academy and has learned his trade over a number of years at our club.

He was part of the first team set up and was very much a part of the coaching and game planning in Darren Moore's miraculous turnaround that nearly saved us. He showed excellent tactical nous and ability to change games at when he was in charge.

If he was a player we would be singing his name from the rooftops, not insulting him as "the U7s coach" and the like. He has done a fine job with the cards he's been dealt. 

The disrespectful language used about Shan by yourself above and that used by many of our social media warriors is absolutely shameful.
Not blaming him one bit he was put in a position when he shouldn't have he done his best and it backfired on the club .......we didn't go up because of the board I just don't know how you refuse to see it .........ex Fulham.manager or Shan......You pay the money to get the best available they wouldn't pay and we failed to go up ......it's not rocket science

(06-07-2019, 02:03 PM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote: Message to The Lividhater (sorry, Liquidator); I don’t shop at Tesco’s because I’m living “on the cheap”. I go there because that’s what I can afford. You might buy your caviar from Fortnum and Masons but I have to have roe from Syd’s Plaice. Have you ever heard the saying, ‘Champagne lifestyle with a brown ale income’? Can you not get the notion that the Baggies have not got oodles of dosh to throw about?
Where are all these out of work, highly talented, experienced managers queuing up to come and lead a championship club for a quarter of their normal salary with a less than generous budget to work with. 
Also, how are the effin disgraceful, utter c**ts going to be “hounded out”? By we peasants storming the  Hawthorns with blazing torches and pitchforks and shouting “kill the beasts”.

To Statto, there you go again with those well reasoned, logically thought out and moderate posts. Will you stop it? It frightens the incurably angry.
You might aswell just go for the reach round now .
(06-07-2019, 02:53 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Not blaming him one bit he was put in a position when he shouldn't have he done his best and it backfired on the club .......we didn't go up because of the board I just don't know how you refuse to see it .........ex Fulham.manager or Shan......You pay the money to get the best available they wouldn't pay and we failed to go up ......it's not rocket science.

So why make such a derogatory comment about Shan. He was class and doesn't deserve it.

The only way the board cost us promotion was if you're saying they should have got rid of Moore sooner.

There is no guarantee that Jokanovic would've won 9 form 9 to put pressure on automatic. He had a slow start at Fulham.

The likelihood was play offs from the moment we lost to Leeds and Sheffield United.  We acted, consolidated our position and Shan's game plans were pretty much perfect against what was widely regarded as the form team with the momentum in the play offs. He outsmarted the coach that many have been screaming we should have appointed last summer (accepting some did at the time).

The players' failure to execute on the break on four occasions cost us a comfortable 2-0 win at least in the first leg. Again, we failed to convert the chances when we set the traps for Villa and had them in a full press for 20 minutes after half time at home. They were the things in our gift to influence, as were the poor discipline for the goals conceded in the first leg. That was corrected brilliantly for the second leg, even with 10 men.

We were also fucking unlucky.
We were denied a blatant penalty in each leg.
We conceded a soft one.
I don't blame the red cards, as we'd have been screaming for both as the opposition.
The momentum in both games also turned on Phillips going off. Shan managed him well to push him to that without him breaking, but his injury was unlucky.
We were also unlucky with Dawson's illness and HT sub in the first leg meaning we couldn't take Gayle off when he was walking the tightrope. That also affects our defending on their equaliser.
J-Rod's second leg injury was also unfortunate, as it robbed us of the outlet and an almost guaranteed 1-0 lead to start the shoot out.

We still came within the length of Johnstone's studs of getting to sudden death.  

Losing two goals over a two-leg tie to shit decisions - arguably three with their soft penalty is a lot for anyone to overcome. Villa had the rub throughout the playoffs, with decisions against us and their goals in the final. The first hits El Ghazi on the back and finds the corner, while the second is an absolute howler from a massively deflected shot.

I'm not sure how Jokanovic does any better than Shan for his 70k pw plus his massive entourage, or Allardyce short term on a basic £2m for eight weeks.

If Jokanovic hadn't got us up, and the costs of him and his team reduced the wages available for players, that could jeopardise this coming season's campaign. If we didn't get up again, in year three we'd struggle to afford his salary and definitely not be able to afford to sack him.  To jeopardise the club's future in that way is irresponsible.  There is a reason Stoke and Forest also said no, and their owners are pumping in more money than ours. It's the same reasoning on the three year deal for Gayle on those Wages. 

Jenkins is a cunt in many ways, but we are in the realm of needing someone to be a hard nosed cunt and make the difficult decisions that safeguard the future of the club. It's more important than keeping social media happy. Villa fans loved Dr Tone with his Twitter interaction and massively ambitious statements as he rolled the dice. They came within a few minutes of having no club. It's a lesson we should heed and have done. 

It's a bitch of a summer full of massively difficult decisions to make and I'm fucking glad I don't have to make them. With that in mind, unless I can come up with better, I won't be shouting obscenities from the cheap seats.
Good post Statto.
(06-07-2019, 06:33 PM)Statto Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 02:53 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Not blaming him one bit he was put in a position when he shouldn't have he done his best and it backfired on the club .......we didn't go up because of the board I just don't know how you refuse to see it .........ex Fulham.manager or Shan......You pay the money to get the best available they wouldn't pay and we failed to go up ......it's not rocket science.

So why make such a derogatory comment about Shan. He was class and doesn't deserve it.

The only way the board cost us promotion was if you're saying they should have got rid of Moore sooner.

There is no guarantee that Jokanovic would've won 9 form 9 to put pressure on automatic. He had a slow start at Fulham.

The likelihood was play offs from the moment we lost to Leeds and Sheffield United.  We acted, consolidated our position and Shan's game plans were pretty much perfect against what was widely regarded as the form team with the momentum in the play offs. He outsmarted the coach that many have been screaming we should have appointed last summer (accepting some did at the time).

The players' failure to execute on the break on four occasions cost us a comfortable 2-0 win at least in the first leg. Again, we failed to convert the chances when we set the traps for Villa and had them in a full press for 20 minutes after half time at home. They were the things in our gift to influence, as were the poor discipline for the goals conceded in the first leg. That was corrected brilliantly for the second leg, even with 10 men.

We conceded a soft one.
I don't blame the red cards, as we'd have been screaming for both as the opposition.
The momentum in both games also turned on Phillips going off. Shan managed him well to push him to that without him breaking, but his injury was unlucky.
We were also unlucky with Dawson's illness and HT sub in the first leg meaning we couldn't take Gayle off when he was walking the tightrope. That also affects our defending on their equaliser.
J-Rod's second leg injury was also unfortunate, as it robbed us of the outlet and an almost guaranteed 1-0 lead to start the shoot out.

We still came within the length of Johnstone's studs of getting to sudden death.  

Losing two goals over a two-leg tie to shit decisions - arguably three with their soft penalty is a lot for anyone to overcome. Villa had the rub throughout the playoffs, with decisions against us and their goals in the final. The first hits El Ghazi on the back and finds the corner, while the second is an absolute howler from a massively deflected shot.

I'm not sure how Jokanovic does any better than Shan for his 70k pw plus his massive entourage, or Allardyce short term on a basic £2m for eight weeks.

If Jokanovic hadn't got us up, and the costs of him and his team reduced the wages available for players, that could jeopardise this coming season's campaign. If we didn't get up again, in year three we'd struggle to afford his salary and definitely not be able to afford to sack him.  To jeopardise the club's future in that way is irresponsible.  There is a reason Stoke and Forest also said no, and their owners are pumping in more money than ours. It's the same reasoning on the three year deal for Gayle on those Wages. 

Jenkins is a cunt in many ways, but we are in the realm of needing someone to be a hard nosed cunt and make the difficult decisions that safeguard the future of the club. It's more important than keeping social media happy. Villa fans loved Dr Tone with his Twitter interaction and massively ambitious statements as he rolled the dice. They came within a few minutes of having no club. It's a lesson we should heed and have done. 

It's a bitch of a summer full of massively difficult decisions to make and I'm fucking glad I don't have to make them. With that in mind, unless I can come up with better, I won't be shouting obscenities from the cheap seats.

Excellent post.
Lots of sense, Statto. Shan did what he could in the circumstances. Where I disagree is in the timing of Moore's sacking and the message the managerial impasse afterwards. Winning 9/9 would have been a tall order, so the moment the trigger was pulled and the obvious lack of a durable plan...but we could discuss that ad infinitum.

We conceded a soft one.

Who are you to tell me who I can say what I like about .........like I said the wankers in charge I have a problem with and will do until they fuck off more so lai who is useless. .

I'm allowed a opinion and I have a valid one that they sacked more without getting a replacement in that's my opinion if others don't agree that's up to them I'm not on my own in this matter .
(06-07-2019, 09:39 PM)The liquidator Wrote:

We conceded a soft one.

Who are you to tell me who I can say what I like about .........like I said the wankers in charge I have a problem with and will do until they fuck off more so lai who is useless. .

I'm allowed a opinion and I have a valid one that they sacked more without getting a replacement in that's my opinion if others don't agree that's up to them I'm not on my own in this matter .

Hi China
China, problem is you insult those with a different opinion to yours. Irony is a type of metal to you isn't it?
(06-07-2019, 09:46 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 09:39 PM)The liquidator Wrote:

We conceded a soft one.

Hi China
Fuck me Derek it took you 8 months to work that out and you wonder why your a remoaner. Huh Huh

Where have I insulted anyone statto is the one who was being arsy not me ........here we go again the clique is gathering again .